1990 gts dash/tail light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 gts dash/tail light problem

Hey, I just recently bought a 1990 gts and i've been having a problem with the dash and tail lights. I know theyre on the same circuit. When I hit a bump they go out and may stay out for a while and then they will come back on. I'm assuming something is loose? Hopefully you guys can place me in the right direction.

thanks.

First, check that bulb isn't blown in rear taillight or headlight, and that bulbs are seated properly (they are known to cause problems when they blow and indicators are known to from what I can remember on my car, blink left, right side indicators at same time when bulb blows in one indicator). I could lightly tap side of car and one of the taillight bulbs would go out (loose bulb socket) on my car.

Then check wiring, fuses to rear taillight, headlight's (hold onto strut brace if car has one and shake car around and see if you can replicate the problem).
    Last edited by Skym; 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I had the car out this evening and notices that when i make a turn with the wheel on full lock to the left they come back on. Is there any plugs inside the shrouds that go over the steering colum?

Comment

Should be horn and steering angle sensor that connects to HICAS ECU (if car has HICAS and HICAS ECU looks at steering angle, speed of car) and ignition barrel wiring. I would think pressing horn should tell you if it's a cause (light's come back on or turn off). Ignition barrel is known to cause problems with airbag light coming on, etc on some Nissan's.
        Last edited by Skym; 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Sorry about the slow response. I figured out my issue, there was wire going to one of my lights up front that was loose.

Comment

I had the same problem. Mine turned out to be the wiring under the drivers seat that runs along the bottom than up the center console.. seat rubbed when i took a corner and blew the fuse took for ever to track down

Comment

Working...
            X