gtr rear subframe on gtst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtr rear subframe on gtst

does anyone know if a r32 gtr subframe will fit on a gtst?

Pretty sure the rear is the same, fronts totally different, not sure if u found a hub yet, I may have one in Calgary. Could ship it to you, I'll pm you

Comment

Fits on Silvia / 240sx, GTS, GTS-T, etc

Here's a high hp Silvia / 240sx drag project with GTR rear subframe -

R32 GTS-T has 0 on bottom of rear shocks. R32 GTS-4, R32 GTR has U on bottom of rear shocks. So have to match shocks to differential (GTR differential = GTR or GTS-4 shocks).

R32 GTS-4 has a similar diffhead to R32 GTR (same ears, diameter halfshaft's), but has RB20DET friendly diffhead ratio, as shown in this link -

But I can't remember if R32 GTS-4 has mechanical LSD like R32 GTR or viscous LSD like R32 GTS-T.

Then there's driveshaft, but could use GTR driveshaft if use GTR gearbox with transfer case cut off and plate welded over hole.

By the time you are finished, could have bought a R32 GTR and make it rwd.
      Last edited by Skym; 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

You can convert to gtr rear sub frame without changing your suspension, just use your hub carriers on the gtr frame.

If you can though, you would use the gtr hubs and hub carriers, the hubs are way bigger (bigger spline, so need use the gtr halfshafts too) and the gtr hub carriers are alloy. As said above though, of you use the gtr hub carriers, you will need use gtr rear suspension too.

A gts4 diff will fit the gtr halfshafts (6x1), however its only a viscus lsd not mechanical like the gtr, but you can fit an extra shim washer in it to tighten it up.

If you really want to widen the ass end up, get hold of a Nissan NC34 Stagea sub frame, they are even wider at 1515mm, vs the gtr at 1480mm

Comment

Working...
        X