Alignment & adjustable suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment & adjustable suspension question

So, my car is all stock (suspension) except for KTS coilovers. recently I got some parts from Driftworks including adsutable FUCA and RUCA, tension rods, TC rods and hicas delete as well as 24mm swaybars. So before everything comes apart, i'd like to know what the best setup is for these suspension components.
    my car is mostly used for street (actually a daily driver) with occasional autocrossing in the summer. so I am not necessary looking for crazy amount of camber.

Does anyone have any alignment spec sheet they would share here? or any shop that can do the alignment professionally?

Thanks
    1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

honestly, OEM spec is still best

once you've chosen your ride height, have the alignment done to spec, and get both front and rear camber at the highest spectrum of the spec and thats it

its your best bet to get the longest life out of your tires with kickass track capabilities

remember that all those adjustable parts aren't really meant to go crazy with the alignment specs on a street car, its mostly to correct all the negative effects of lowering your car, since the OEM adjustments are minimal, with those parts even a slammed car can be into spec,

so again, no need to put too much tought into this, lower the car, then get it aligned to spec by someone who knows how to work adjustable parts (since most mechanics are fawking retarded and don't know what to do with non-OEM parts)
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Call up dales alignment in Langley. Apparently one of the better shops here in the lower mainland - words from a skyline owner.
      I'm going there in a couple weeks for mine.

Comment

I picked up my sky with stock everything but had tein coils. I ended up lowering them max and had some 245's on and once they wore out, got some 205 with an alignment and I had more grip with the smaller tire just kuz everything was properly dialed. Stock works really well I agree with frankiman. I did afterwards cut my springs on my coilovers just kuz I like low. But just bought all new parts like you and I'll be going to less amount of camber and toe as possible. Better grip.
        89 r32 sedan

Comment

thanks guys for the input.

any shops in Vancouver though? i am in North van, quite a bit of drive to Langley and I rarely get any days off work.

Comment

use 240 coupe specs or some shops have a silvia in there spec book but every shop will have 240 specs just find a shop you trust
            TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

the shops are all useless, if they dont have the car in the spec book they wont touch it for liability most of the time, the s13 chassis is close enough to the r32 that it comes close, use common sense when getting an alignment anything that sounds rediculous usually is, if you go to the right shop they will ask you if you want to change some settings other than that every alignment is the same with different acceptable tolerances in fact i could probably tell you measurements/settings for street driving, anything on the race track you want to have done at a performance shop ie corner balancing or your damping rates but thats another topic

also stock ruca and fucas dont have the same range of adjustability a/m arms have, and they are primarily used along with other adjustable components to keep/ improve suspension geometry for a lowered setup
              Last edited by 92GTSTproject; 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

its quite complicated stuff if you dont have a mechanical mind lol

Comment

I've been to two shops (Nissan dealer was one of them) and they both had the specs in their system.

Comment

I'll try to find my alignment specs. Then it won't matter if they have the R32 in their system. Just have to have an accurate machine.
                    I know for a fact if you can find a shop that has the "Eagle Eye" system it has the R32 in it's data base.

Comment

no worries guys, this is not hijacking as long as the discussion is about suspension. im learning stuff myself.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X