15 min crank time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 min crank time

So I have a problem with my r32 gtst with a rb20. If the car sits for more than a day when I go to start it again I will have to crank the car for like 15mins before it will start again. Now I'm new to the skyline world but not to pulling wrenches. Now I have gone over everything fuel spark compression wiring an I can not figure it out now I'm probably over looking something stupid but I'm stumped. Can someone show me the way to fix this
    Cheers.

Anyone help a gtst owner out here please

Comment

When ignition module is on the way out it takes 10 minutes or so before you can start engine (if ignition module gets hot and has to cool down) and engine can stall after 10 minutes of driving (when ignition module gets hot). But sometimes the ignition module housing cracks and they get moisture inside them and cranking for 15 minutes might send current through and warm electronic parts inside up enough to burn off the moisture.

Ignition module is the little black box on top of back of engine. Best way to check is via oscillioscope and compare to what you see in engine manual -

Also can tap ignition module with rubber hammer while engine is running and engine might play up (miss). But be careful where you hit ignition module, as middle of ignition module housing is very thin and can crack easily.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I was thinking that Lil guy might have something to do with it but wasn't sure. Ill take the one off my parts car an see If that fixes the problem. Thanks soo much.

Comment

Working...
        X