Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignitor On its way out ?

Hello everyone

I just picked up a rb20det gts4 and i am having an issue, once u start the car runs great. Then 30-40 min after drive it has starts to sound like a misfire and feel like it, but if you let idle it sounds normal, the revs dont drop, it idles solid but once u rev a bit it misfires. Is this another Ignitor on its way out

I have checked all vacuum lines, replaced cracked hoses, changed air filter, fresh gas, regapped the plugs, reset the ecu,
    i tested the coils at idle by unplugging them and seeing if motor dies, they all have same affect. I do know there is a small leak in the exhaust but i dont think this affects it

any one run in to this.... Ive searched for days and it seem to me that the ignitor is getting to hot and starts to fail. Other then J30 swap is there another way to fix this issue ?
    Last edited by rob_96; 06-23-2013, 01:21 AM.

I had an ignitor fail a few years ago in my gtst rb20det. It was getting too hot and the car misfired while under load after driving for a while. I unscrewed the ignitor from the valve cover and zip tied it to the firewall so that it hung in the air(above the valve cover). It prevented the ignitor from getting too hot. It worked for a while but ultimately I just replaced the ignitor. I didn't really want it flopping around in the engine bay. If you try this and it works you will know its the ignitor. Hope this helps.

Comment

^
      thank you very much, i have an ignitor on order from right drive, and now i need a maf... this never ends

Comment

It ended when you got rid of the Cuntra.

Comment

CUNTRA.... this is a whole new ball game lol 7:05am gtr creeping

Comment

it was not ignitor.. it was 2 coil packs, but changed the ignitor any ways

Comment

Working...
            X