Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTESA E-TS Issue

Morning Everyone

I was just wondering if any one can guide me on this issue I am having with my awd system on my r32 gts4.

When I bought the car the awd system never worked and last night I thought I start playing doctor and see what is causing this system not to work.

So Symptoms

1. When you turn the key on no AWD or Hicas lights come on,
    2. Checked 10A fuse under Dash, Fuse is good ( Continuity ) but once u plug it in there is no power or Continuity.
    3. Ecu no red light on & no wires cut
    4. Fuse under hood ( anti-skid 30am) no continuity or power when key is turned on
    5. Relay in the truck next to the latch has power but no continuity
    6. I bypassed the Relay, pump comes on but if you hold it there for a while it makes a nasty noise...
    7. There is fluid in Tank located in the truck

I found a Attesa ECU wiring Diagram and will be working on it tonight, with searching I found that pin 42 sometimes need to be grounded.

I have known for a long time that my 4wd doesn't work. with the ignition on and trying to do the attesa bleeding procedure my pump will not ever come on. i have 2 issues i believe, firstly, my pump has siezed up and i know this because i have bypassed the big relay in the boot and can not get the...

This video Helped a lot.

This is a run down of how the ATTESA 4wd system works and what problems can occur with the pump and how to confirm/diagnose the issue when there's no codes f...

I need to Test the power wire to ECU and trace the wire from fuse box under dash to its power and ground, but if any one has had this issue it be great help save me some time and money.

Cheers

Rob

So update

I checked the 4wd Fuse under the hood and dash yesterday has power but no Continuity... I need to search for a ground not connected... that's tonight

Comment

Update-

Fuse from Hood to Dash is OK but from Dash to ECU Is no power, I have no reverse lights as well. I took the Dash out and found that most of the bulbs are burnt. I have Anti-Skid Light on and AWD light... But still no power to the Attessa ECU.

Tonight i start to pull the wiring and replace all the bulbs

Comment

So after a long night of testing, i found that i have no ground to the abs and Awd System....

I took apart the fuse box under the hood and found a nice large yellow wire that seems to be the ground... it needs to be grounded.... so i figure either its in the front quarter panel or under the dash... this is why i am not getting power to the ecu. I tested both prongs for the awd fuse and abs... there is power of 12.8V+/- but no ground...

Does anyone know where the grounds for the awd and abs is.... ?

Comment

keep going buddy hope u found the problem im doing the same think right now except on my gtr.. its an pain in the ass i hate electrical problem..

Comment

I think i might have found the issue.. I am wondering can anyone take a pic of the drive kick panel with all the wires and relays that are there

Comment

why u need that i could take an pic but i have an gtr..

Comment

Well it might be the same, it doesnt hurt to try please.... ? my email is vlomazo@gmail.com

Comment

aight cool ill try tomorrow morning..

Comment

Thanks..... Next week i am diving in to the wiring harness and going 100% on it... I am scared

Comment

All fixed

Solution : purchased an awd ecu and boom she works

Comment

the awd ecu in the boot?

Comment

perfect im happy all work out.,

Comment

Originally posted by spinnanz View Post
                            the awd ecu in the boot?
                            Yes sir.. the AWD Ecu in the boot on passenger side of car... not the HICUS ECU

Thanks Hp44incgtr

Comment

Working...
                            X