RB25 Start up issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB25 Start up issues

Alright so I have a S1 rb25 im having some issues with. I got everything together to do a test start and its not wanting to fire up. I have a brand new wiring harness, and just bought yj coilpacks. Im getting good spark while cranking. I also seem to be getting fuel as well. I took a 9v and tested every injector and none of them are stuck. I pulled the cas out and spun it with the ignition on and could hear all the injectors clicking. When im cranking it almost sounds like it wants to start but just never will.
    So the wiring harness that came with the motor I believe came off of a NICS RB20, and it had an early style R31 ecu that was socketed and had a rom for the rb25. So since I bought a new harness I had to get a new ecu. I got a socketed Z32 ecu and made the wiring harness changes in order to use the z32 ecu. Then I installed the rb25 rom I had for it. In theory I believed it would work.

So my question is what should I be looking for here? To run the z32 ecu I was told to rewire some of the injectors. After doing that can the motor run on the ecu with the stock rom? So when I installed the rom it would cancel out the need to rewire the injectors? It sounds like the motor just doesnt have the right firing order. So im wondering how to go about rechecking all of that. Also im now using a z32 maf, but the rom isnt tuned for it yet. I wouldnt think that would have an effect on actually starting as my z32 can start up without it even connected. Could that be the culprit? Any help on the subject will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If it is an R32, and I were to fix this, I would go back to the basics - go back to the R32 (RB20) ECU, swap out the two injector wires (I forget which ones) on it, and then fire it up after putting back the RB20 MAF. It will likely start up but get flooded.

Only then will I go to the ECU you have. These ROMs are quite tricky and many times totally messed up. I thin your issue is either in the wiring or the ECU. But in order to address that, you may want to eliminate the other stuff as possible causes.
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
    SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
    HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

Its actually being installed in my 90 TTZ32, so i do not have any of the parts from the rb20 this replaced. Apparently this motor was swapped into a 200ZR Z31 that had the NICS rb20 previously. I plan to go over the firing order today and double check all my wiring and what not. If all else fails i'll end up buying a PFC.
      So besides the ecu, is there anything else i should try and trouble shoot while im at it? Im pretty sure that is what its going to come down too, i just want to get as much info on it before hand as possible. Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Working...
      X