Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rb20det no spark or injector pulse. Solution fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb20det no spark or injector pulse. Solution fix.

Helped a buddy get his car running. Is figure I'd post a thread for people's future reference if the come across the same problem. His car is a 91 or 92 gts4 rb20 car. Cranked over but no start. Had no spark or injector pulse. Did a bit of troubleshooting. Turns out pin 45 to the ecu (black w/red stripe) was broken at it's splice, about 10 inches from from the ecu connector. Made a new connection and the problem was solved. Fired right up and smoothed out and purred like a kitten. I had never seen this problem before and did a search and couldn't find any solutions to the problem. I saw some others on multiple forums had exact same symptoms but no one posted a solution.

It looks like water finds it was into the harness down there and corrodes easily expose able wiring. The joint was covered in factory Elliot's, or electrical tape of some sort. Just thought I would post the fix for others that may run into the same issue.

Rb20det no spark or injector pulse. Solution fix.

Nice one. Good job. What's the wire for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 99_SI; 03-22-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

It wakes up the ecu. It's a ignition power source.

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It would crank all day long, even had battery voltage to the injectors. No blown fuses. The splice was factory and only is there to make the wire a smaller gage so it could fit into the ecu connector.

Comment

Working...
          X