External wastegate line routing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External wastegate line routing??

Hello, i have i question about my Tial 38mm External waste gate i have the one line off of the side of the waste gate routed with my greedy profec inline to a compressor pipe and the only other line is the one on the top that says vent to atmosphere and not sure if its that simple or I'm missing something? seems stupid but I'm not sure about it...

Any help would be awesome!

On mine the side feed on the external goes to the turbo (comp side), the top one goes to my boost controller outlet, the boost controller then goes to comp side of turbo.

Comment

The first way is how you hook up a mbc, spinnanz way is for electronic boost controler,I have same wastegate, and a profec b, older one with knobs, it only works when I hook it up the manual way, I figured if must still be a bleed type controler

Comment

No I use a mechanical boost control. It's actually a air pressure reg off an ait compressor (which is EXACTLY the same as the one Turbonetics sell). For every pound of pressure the reg sends to the top, boost pressure is raised by that amount. Generally electronic boost controllers have a switch or setting to select internal or external wastegate, if there is no switch or setting you will use the lower line on an external wg.

Comment

Working...
        X