Brakes Squealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes Squealing

Could anyone help me? It's very embarrassing more than anything. Pulled the car out from hibernation and ever since I did when I get on the brakes its squealing like mad. The pads are brand new end of last year and it's only the rear pads making noise, didn't touch the fronts. Rotors look to be in good shape.

Pads are Project MU D1 spec

I pulled them apart on the weekend and grinded down the outter edge of them and the noise had stopped temporarily but literally a few hours later and the brakes are squealing like a bish again.

They are always loud no matter hot or cold. Anyone have any ideas, I need to fix this it's very frustrating.

Thank you

Did you use any of the factory shims on the backing plate of the pad? Any lube ? What kind of rotor? Machined the rotor? My gtst did in the rear with new ebc pads and DBA rotors. Break in period is crucial as we'll. had to add the factory shim off the old pads to the shim on the backng plates of new pads...lots of lubage in between. Took about a week or two to completely get rid of 90% of squeal. Still there when cold, but that's the break in coating on the pads talking. Factory rotors with stock pads before used to howl like a train locking up its wheels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Squeal is usually normal with race spec pads, as have more metal in the compound. Run a semi metallic compound if want to reduce noise.

Also I agree with proper break in for brake pads, rotors. A long run on the motorway with pulse braking helps with breaking in brake pads.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

yea it doesn't seem as loud now, but it's still every once in a while. It's weird they won't squeal at all if I wash the car or if it's raining out.... but if it's super dry they squeal like crazy. I am using the factory shims ( i guess ) since I bought the pads 2nd hand but they were never used just loaded into the caliper ( didn't come with a box though )... I will try maybe putting some lube in between the shims and backing plate of the pads? What would you recommend to use?

Thanks for the replies fellas

Comment

Some syl-glyde or that synth stuff that comes with aftermarket pads in little tubes, same one that u use for the sliders on semi-floating calipers, not anti-seize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

go to your local parts store and buy some brake squeal greese. grease on the back of pad, grease in between shims.

Comment

Working...
            X