Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance brake pads

Hey guys,

I have a 1993 R33 GTS-T and currently installed in the rear are Project MU DSpec r1 drift brake pads, they cause so much dust and they are sooooooo loud (squealing all the time) that I need to get rid of them.

My question to you guys is which pads should I go with for the rear? I wanted to go with EBC Redstuff as they have minimal dust but now I'm reading all over the place that they are extremely loud as well... Stock rotors for now, and the use of them would just be daily driver/street use.

Before I get flamed for buying drift pads, I only bought them because they were cheap.. They were $60-$80 brand new. I just can't handle the noise anymore, it's embarrassing.

Thanks guys.

ps: I want decent street brake pads with as low dust as possible and if I can quiet pads no noise, but I realize that may be impossible, as least noise as possible. I need opinions of what you guys are running.
    Last edited by bnsportsr33; 05-25-2014, 03:03 PM.

I haven't got to drive mutch on my ebc red stuff(car isn't on the road yet however i tested their grippy ness in my driveway getting up to almost 30km to dead stop).
    They are so far noiseless and i haven't gotten past the work in period that it says on the box is going to be loud. They also came with noise dampening shims that you put behind the pads to absorb some of the vibration that causes the noise. I'm not sure if you have these with your pmu pads or not.
    If i remember and if i get the car on the road before you solve your problem, i'll try update this comment. Car seems to be ready for safety just need to find insurance once it is taken care of.

Comment

Get ceramic street pads. Hawk, stoptech, and many others make them. Ceramic are very low dust.
      I have the hawk ceramics, they are silent, and my wheels still look great. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
      '89 GTST - SOLD
      '92 GTR
      '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
      '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Performance brake pads

DBA T3 4000 and EBC red stuff is pretty good combo. Make sure to use plenty of lube and factory backing plate shims as they absorb and dampen most of the noise! Yea first week sounded like a loaded train stopping and then only a mouse squeak when really jabbing them. Only track will tell how they hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by 99_SI; 05-25-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RixR32 View Post
          Get ceramic street pads. Hawk, stoptech, and many others make them. Ceramic are very low dust.
          I have the hawk ceramics, they are silent, and my wheels still look great. Lol

these ones?

Comment

Originally posted by bnsportsr33 View Post
            Those are the ones. Thanks for making up for my laziness and posting the link! ;-)

'89 GTST - SOLD
            '92 GTR

Comment

Regarding EBC pads and I will mention I was using the yellows... garbage!
              No initial bite, and very little abilility to pull the car down. I think they'd be fine for street use only but not up to the track use.
              I had lots of feed back from others with the same opinion. EBCs motorcycle brake pads are good. Pads for cars not good.
              I used a set of PMU HC+ pads and loved them but they are pretty dirty.
              I had a student at a HPDS last week with an 09 STi equipped with Hawk HP+ pads and they were excellent.
              Long story short: HP+ get my vote for a very good all around street/track pad.
              That's my .2 worth.

Comment

I had EBC reds on my GTST.,they seemed fine for street. I did ONE autoX
                day with them, wore them half out that day, and after that they were noisy.
                I found that wierd.

'89 GTST - SOLD
                '92 GTR

Comment

^^^ not uncommon. You would have worn through the chamfered edges that prevent squealing if they were 1/2 gone.

Comment

I have HP+ on new brembo rotors front and rear. Great bite and zero fade on mission Raceway. They were also unbearably loud until after the trackday.

Comment

Ok I think I will go with Hawk HPS however does anyone know where I can order these from? Preferably in Canada as I would like them asap don't really want to wait 2 weeks. This noise is driving me nuts!!!

I found a bunch on ebay but none from Canada all from USA.

If someone could point me in the correct direction, I'd like to have them by this weekend if I could.

Thanks

Comment

unfortunately I've pmed Daryl and sent him about 3 emails and he has not gotten back to me on anything regarding other parts so I have a feeling if I try it will be the same thing. Maybe I'll try to call the shop tomorrow.

Comment

Try Nextmod. Peter might have some in stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X