Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some help with my boost dropping off..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help with my boost dropping off..

Hello everyone, I recently started driving my car after doing a bigger turbo upgrade on my RB20det it now has a Holset He351CW on it and is quite the difference it it runs great and boosts good even but it's dropping off once I hit my designated boost psi and it keeps dropping off I have it externally gated with a tial 38mm with screamer and 3.5 inch strait pipe also have a Greddy profec B spec 2 and it's worked fine before but now I can't seem to continue to maintain psi I have a 7.2 psi spring in the waste gate and am trying to run 10psi for now till I tune it. I'm new with external waste gates so any help here would be awesome??

Its not the gate, it's the controller. There should be a gain or compansation parameter in the controller that needs to be played with. Download an owners manual for that controller and find out exactly how it is done.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I have the manual for it and I have the gain at max and I still can't seem to figure out the rest of the settings very well I have had it fr years and it's great once you get it all set up that is.

Comment

Honestly man, just go with a manual boost controller. They work great and they are cheap and simple...

Comment

I have had a manual boost controller they suck and they Spike and there is no warning limiters or gain setting I wouldn't go back to one of those.

Comment

Could adjust the preload screw for the spring on the external wastegate to delay the external gate opening. The boost controller can't drop boost below what the spring psi is at.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
            X