Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb25 No oilpressure

Hi all,

I have a s2 rb25 I am in the process of swapping into my e36. After getting the wiring done I turned the engine over with the igniters disconnected and I am getting zero oil pressure. It has been converted to rear sump to clear my subframe so after checking the pick up is clear and sitting at the right level and the oil level is correct I still have no pressure. I pulled the pump off and there is nothing wrong with it, and the port from the pickup to pump and pump to filter are both clear. Took off the filter and turned it over and not a drop of oil. I have had lots of people look at it and no one has had anyideas what the problem is. If anyone has experienced this or has any suggestions at all it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

I would check the gasket for oil pickup and assuming it was lengthened to the back...any chance you forgot an I ring or a seal , or maybe a hole between the pump and pick up in the tube....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Possibly not turning fast enough I pick up the oil? Try priming the system and give her another crank.
      Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

There seems to be a blockage between oil pump and oil filter if no oil is getting to oil filter. It might be from liquid sump gasket or something similar that got stuck in oil gallery in the past before you purchased the engine. I would return the engine if under warrenty.

Also have you tried to remove the pickup and reverse flush the oil gallery from the oil filter (maybe even remove the oil pump) with compressed air to dislodge whatever is blocking the oil gallery?
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Prime the system from the filter back to the pump if you did not fill the pump with oil before installing it.

Comment

Did you try out the priming trick yet?
            Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

I am planning on doing it this weekend, how would you go about priming it? I have heard just fill the pump and ports with oil, I have also hear filling the pump with Vaseline works better

Comment

If you have a filter relocation kit or oil cooler you can lift the lines up and fill them with oil, this will drain the oil back to the pump. This is what I did when i forgot to fill the pump cavities and it worked well.
                I would avoid using Vaseline, maybe use assembly lube if you don't want to use oil

Comment

I do not have either, tried filling the filter with no results, was hoping to not pull of the pump again but I think that is my best bet

Comment

I don't know if this would work, but maybe you could drill a hole on top of a old filter and put a hose fitting on it attach a long hose to it and pour oil in through there? (making sure you only drill through the metal filter housing and not the filter element, or debris would end up in your oil passages!) That should drain back to the pump and could you save you some utime in pulling the pump. You'd obviously want to change filters after this and after the initial prime to avoid any debris plugging up the filter.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by PurpleStreak; 11-16-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

That was my first though but the filter has a rubber o ring inside to stop the oil from running back, I threaded a 1/8npt fitting into the oil pressure gage port and I am going to use a transfer pump to push oil in.

Comment

Working...
                      X