Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another fixed misfire/ hesitation issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another fixed misfire/ hesitation issue.

hey guys this is my first thread on here, so go easy on me.

just got my new four door gts-t this past November, it ha some minor issues but nothing crazy,
    this January i found that after the car warmed up i had a hesitation / misfire issue only after the car warmed up,
    and usually it was at the 3k 4200 4800 5100 and 5600 rpm area on my tacho.
    it felt like i hit a birck wall and the car completely lost all power and any gusto, and you could hear what sounded like a can of marbles or someodd clanking around with it.
    i tried testing everything from the ignitor to the maf / airflow meter, ohm tested my coilpacks and even added a bit of insulation to the packs themselves, to no avail.
    i did some reading and digging and could not find anything related to how to fix it, but found one thread that was buried deep in a forum unto which i read about someone gapping their plugs from the stock 1.1mm down to 0.8, it solved their problem. so i tried it myself, my plugs were sitting at 1.1 each so i dropped em to .8. i went for a drive after it got nice and warm and...... it is gone. completely, fixed my issue and it was free.

so a tip for all the guys getting into playing with an rb20 rb25 or rb26, start with your plug gap. it is free and so so so easy!!
    Last edited by alucardm911; 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: keywords.

From what I understand, the stock coilpack dwell settings are set for longevity (weak spark hence why have to regap them / sparkplugs), so when turn the boost up you get a higher rpm missfire. Also check heatrange of sparkplug, as should be one heatrange colder (higher cylinder temps) when lean engine out with basic breathing mods.

If RB20DET that's PFR5A stock and PFR6A is the upgrade. If RB25DET, RB26DETT it should be PFR6A is stock and PFR7A is the upgrade.

Also regap to 0.8mm at the same time.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
    X