Nissan skyline r32 rb20det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan skyline r32 rb20det

I'm building an r32 gtst and it's my first skyline I've learned a bit but some more help would be great, I'm aiming for 350whp and so far I have a big FMIC smartfire 750cc fuel injectors greddy emanage ultimate aeromotive fuel regulator kit rb25 turbo z32 maf & 3 inch turbo back, just waiting til I winter goes away for a dyno and tune but I expect around 280whp, I'm aiming for closer to 400 so I'm thinking about upgrading the turbo. Garretts gtx2867r caught my attention, if anyone has information or links to the best turbo for the rb20 that'll be great. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Your going to have a hard issue trying to get to 400 on a 20. Your going to be pushing it to the max. The only way you might get near that number is with me meth injection. Might want to have a look at that.
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Thanks, I'd be happy with around 350 but I'll definitely check that out thanks H4X6

Comment

man I hate to break it to you but that emanage is far far below your tuning requirements for your set up. I would say if you want to go the piggy back route, I would go with like 350 cc injectors and stock rb20 MAF and try to just slightly richen in boost and lean off boost conditions with the emanage. If you even have a hope of controlling those huge injectors with the emanage you will ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE the emanage ignition control module and harness, as cutting the MAF signal by 80% to get your injectors to run the engine out of boost will also severely advance your ignition timing. I am willing to bet that you will not be able to start the car at all, since you will have to choose between attempting to start will ultra rich injection and normal timing, or ultra advancing timing with reasonable fueling..

I'd also add that your rb25 turbo runs a ceramic exhaust wheel that is only capable of like 280 whp at 16 psi which is on the lower end of reliability. Your 750 cc injectors are suited for like a 650 whp + type build.... I highly recommend setting an attainable goal.. like 300 whp, and buying everything to suit this goal. It appears that you have kind of a random assortment of parts. In your current state I would say run the oem injectors on high fuel pressure with the rb20 maf and the rb25 turbo to 13 psi or so. You'll make a safe like 260 whp which will be a significant jump compared to stock and also just give you a starting point into building rb's so you can get more adventurous from here.
        Last edited by ToroGTS; 05-20-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Around 400whp is possible, as there are quite a few RB20DET's downunder producing around 500whp with E85 gas, rebuilt stockish engine with metal headgasket -

Doing it on pump gas is a different story (turbo's are hp rated on pump gas), as need to stroke the engine to RB 2.2 or RB 2.4, oversized valves, more aggressive cams, etc.

There is a RB20DET powered R32 racecar downunder has around 550hp at engine (over 500whp with stock cams) and does ok against 550hp V8's, etc. That engine runs on E85 gas.
          Last edited by Skym; 05-04-2015, 05:04 PM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X