Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost with ECU for R34 GTT

Hi,

I'm about to buy a R34 gtt engine with harness for my R32.
    I need to tune the ecu in order to suit an aftermarket turbo with other goodies.

From what I heard, I need to buy a Z32 ecu and make fit the R34 harness.

Is there a way to keep the R34 ecu in order to make a tune ?

That's to replace R33 stock ECU (Z32 ECU).

With stock R34 GTT ECU you can fit a Nistune board to make it reprogrammable via the Consult plug (you'll need to wire up the Consult plug to the ECU), Consult cable, laptop, tuning software.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

thanks, I'll check for a nistune upgrade, seems better than buying a Z32 ecu and make it work with rb25neo harness.

does the nistune compatible with vtc ?

Comment

You're welcome.

It uses the stock tune including VTC settings, just can change the settings. Only down side I know of is turning off the knock control before tuning (affect's the tune). It's a bit tricky and there's many ways to do it.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

One member of gtrcanada is selling a Z32 ecu with nistune to suit a series 1 rb25det R33.
          Seems to be a good opportunity for me, however I'm not sure this will fit a Rb25 neo ?

From what I can see here it will not :

*1 ECR33 RB25DET Skyline can use HCR32DET ECU (04Uxx ECUs with VCT) or Z32 VG30DE (1990-1992) / Z32 VG30DETT (1990-1993) ECU (internal modifications required)

Comment

R34 ECU uses the Hitachi CAS, not the Mitsubishi CAS as used on R33 Series 1 RB25DET, R33 GTR, R32 GTS-T, etc. The pinouts are different on the Hitachi CAS plug and I think where it engages the front of the exhaust cam (key part) is different due to using solid cams like on the RB26 instead of hydraulic.

Series 2 R33 RB25DET, NEO RB25DET coilpacks have the inbuilt ignitor into each coilpack, so each coilpack can be shut off via the ECU.

With Series 1 RB25DET the ignitors are inside the ignition module.

Those and trigger voltage based TPS on NEO RB25DET are the only differences I know of.

R32 RB20DET, R32, R33, R34 GTR, Series 1 RB25DET use a TPS with pins for idle, WOT contacts (not preset trigger voltage on ECU side for idle, WOT as found with NEO RB25DET ECU) and a circuit board with a curved track for 0-5V.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I've been looking around and I found that apexi is making the power FC, less expensive compare to the altec and from what I can see power FC have been around for many years.

Anyone has feedback about the Apexi unit ?
              The controler seems nice as well.
              Apexi :
              RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Altec :
              Platinum PRO Plug-in ECU Nissan R34 GT-T Skyline Suits: Direct Plug 'n' Play replacement of the factory ECU. R34 GT-T Skyline Manual transmission only. Includes: Platinum PRO Direct Plug-in ECU, Plug and pins for auxiliary I/O harness. Haltech CAN adaptor cable DTM-4 female receptacle/socket to 8 pin black Tyco 3"/75mm HT-055105

Comment

any opinion on the apexi ?

Comment

Apexi PowerFC is a good ECU, as long as it's tuned with good gas (I think the factory loaded base tune is tuned for high octane gas in Japan) and don't encounter bad batches of gas (no knock maps) which results in lower octane.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Go with nistune, it is cheaper route.. and many in the UK, New Zealand, and Australia using nistune with good results. I myself will be going with nistune.

Comment

Working...
                    X