Ticking when ramping up rpm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticking when ramping up rpm.

So long story short my girlfriend decided to take my car to the lake the other day. And now there is a subtle ticking when I ramp up the rpm. It is fairly quiet but consistent. Not 100% sure what it is sounds like it could be the lifters but before I start tearing apart my engine I thought I'd ask you all first. It doesn't happen from 0-1k rpm and starts ticking after. Doesn't sound like a knock but I'm not sure. I can post a video from inside the cab when I get home.
    I go hard on the rice. 🍚

Use a mechanics stethoscope and listen for where the sound is coming from. Sometimes the screws holding the camcovers in place come loose and hear a lifter sound (around back of engine facing firewall). Sometimes lifters do fail. Sometimes it can be due to oil is too thick for lifters (changing to a thinner oil quietens the lifters down).
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I tried using my screwdriver pretty much same as using a stethoscope but couldn't pinpoint the noise. I just changed the oil less than 1000km ago with 10w30 full synth so it shouldn't be the issue but I'm not sure I'm gonna take it into a shop here just to get his opinion and go from there thanks skym
      I go hard on the rice. 🍚

Comment

Working...
      X