Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTST brake issues

We'll more issues with my car,
    Month ago my brakes just all of a sudden were no longer there.
    So bled them a bunch...no improvement
    Tested the brake booster, works fine. Led me to think it could be the master cylinder. I replaced that. Bled it as best as I could.
    Installed, bled the brakes properly several times. No real improvement.
    Also I noticed the passenger side wheel has a real bad wobble, rim is not bent. Probably something wrong with the hub. Could this also cause braking issues.
    Thanks boys and girls!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you remove abs?
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Failed brake master cylinder would make the brake pedal drop to the floor more than it should.

Brakes not working is most likely glazed brake discs, glazed pads. Factory brake pads do tend to slip alot compared to good brake pads.

Also can be brake hoses (change every 4 years).
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I do not have ABS
        New brake lines every 4 years? Wouldn't hurt to upgrade I suppose. But how can you tell if your lines are bad? Other than visible leaks and cracks of course.

Also where do you recommend to get new lines? Keep in mind this is a daily driver car. Not really a track car. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They recommend every 4 years for OEM brake hoses with changing brake fluid every year.

Usually the caliper drags (rotor wears more than the other rotors) if OEM brake hoses fail internally.

Aftermarket braided brake hoses don't seem to degrade internally (they have a lining).

Nismo sell upgraded brake hoses (braided) that are road compliant / legal in many countries. Try the sponsors section on here.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X