Help with fuel leak/seepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with fuel leak/seepage

My roommates car just got inspected, its a 93 GTST type M. We noticed after getting fuel on the way home that we were smelling fuel, once we got home and parked it the fuel smell persisted for quite a while. There was no fuel dripping anywhere and we were able to trace the smell to the fuel pump hatch. So at idle the fuel doesn't seem to leak at all however once you drive the car around the fuel seems to be seeping out all around the hatch that holds the fuel pump into the tank. Is there a gasket there that may have gone bad? or is there another potential fix for this?

http://import-era.com/threads/fuel-l...ates-r32.1374/
    picture of the fuel hatch
    Last edited by Kombat0001; 07-28-2015, 10:15 AM. Reason: added link to picture

Get a new fuel tank seal where the sending unit goes. Mine was all soggy after 20 years. You also might have a ruptured charcoal canister which results in clogged vent which causes excess pressure in the fuel tank to seep past fuel cap. Easy to check: find charcoal canister (left side of engine bay by the left headlight) and take off the tube that comes off the bottom...you will most likely find charcoal clogging that line .

Comment

Comment

Help with fuel leak/seepage

Found anything ? This was mine with the same symptoms
        That the line that goes along the inside of the left frame rail to a little plastick cup/shield type of thing blow compressed air in and out the tube to clean it out . Good luck .
        Last edited by 99_SI; 07-29-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X