r34 gtt throttle delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r34 gtt throttle delay

I been trying to solve all the issues I have on my car since, I have no yet to solve anything of it... from no top end power, limp mode... I did check all the posible cause but non of it solve the initial problem...

One thing came to mind that I might have a boost leak and vacuum leak somewhere... but the most recent problem I have now is that my throttle has a delay.. when I step on my gas it does not response right away.... I bought a consult port and I did a reading on the tps and its reading .43 at idle (close) which is normal, if its not it would not be reading correctly.... I also read manual and looked at the vehicle speed sensor... but i am clueless about that

can anyone please help me or explain what causing this... anything would be appreciated

If engine is modified the settings will be most likely out with TPS, fuel, ignition map, etc. R33, R34 don't adjust too well to mods. Being a high compression engine it really needs a tune with just catback, intake mods.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

that's the thing my is car is stock with just a cat back, a straight pipe and a air intake, was going to install EBC but a problem happen just after installing the EBC and my car went on a limp and I havent set any the EBC , after that all this problem started piling on...

my car went on a limp mode, I was able to get it out of it... but them I notice I do not have power at 3500 rpm above... I replace the pcv valve as the one on the car is toast and the gromet is thorn, after that car had a boost spiked then went to limp mode and a delay on the throttle.

Comment

Sounds like knock maps / low octane maps. The ECU can pull ignition timing, run engine rich, drop boost level to internal wastegate spring pressure if has a stock boost control solenoid.

The EBC is most likely installed wrong (solenoid in wrong direction, plumbed wrong or unplugged stock boost control solenoid which might result in a error code on stock ECU) or not setup properly. You need a dyno with a wideband in the exhaust, etc to set the EBC up properly.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

i took out the EBC and sold it.... lol anyway i change the throttle body and I need the voltage reading for the tps... so far with the new throttle body installed it has not resolve the issue.... it throws error code 44 which points at the TCM which is for automatic only, and the AT flashes 16 times each time i turn on the car.

Comment

Might be a auto converted to manual. If can find the sensor plug you can earth the plug which shuts off the error code on ECU for TCM, AT (most likely the auto transmission ECU has been removed). Auto ECU is usually located in the same place as the engine ECU, but on drivers side of the car.

Usually most just replace the auto ECU for a manual ECU, convert the wiring to suit (I think TPS, AT, TCM, etc). TPS is also used by the transmission ECU, not just engine ECU.

You'll need to get hold of a R34 engine or workshop manual for the wiring diagram.
            Last edited by Skym; 08-25-2015, 12:11 PM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
            X