No announcement yet.

rb25 lean on wet cold starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean your AAC valve and MAF, that helps. My r33 hunts sometimes if I'm at idle and lights and Heat are turned on. So unless it's bad I wouldn't worry too much.
    When you get your bung for the wide band installed you should see better af ratios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

I installed the wideband as well. The car has more power and pops less now only other thing is it runs more on leaner side when warmed up now witch is fine i guess 14.7 to 15.1 at idel and only hunts if im on decel in a high gear then put in neutral or clutch in but thanks for all the help.

Comment

Stock o2 sensor is not looked at by ECU on cold startup. ECU initially goes into open loop on cold startup until certain temp is reached where it goes into closed loop which is looking at o2 sensor.

Lean is most likely intake airleak, fuel filter (change every 10-15,000km with genuine fuel filter only, as some aftermarket fuel filters are known to clog and cause problems and replace the fuel hoses and clamps at the same time). If rpm needle goes up and down (more than the usual idle adjustments) at idle there usually is a intake airleak.

Missfire at idle can be coilpack related (on the way out, but might take some time to fail). Usually grey marks under the mounting bracket for the coilpack gives it away at which coilpack is failing. They usually need to replaced every 100,000km under normal road use (alot earlier under competition use), same with sparkplugs.
        Last edited by Skym; 10-29-2015, 03:31 AM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
        X