MAF problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF problem

Hey, I was wondering if there was someone in the Ottawa area that would be willing to help me test if I'm having a MAF issue or something else. I have an RB20 and am located in Orleans. The car isn't moving, but I would pay the gas and beer or w/e if someone would be able to help me test this. Your best bet is to call my cell phone as Im likely to be outside tryin anything and everything to see whats going on...

My number is 613-864-1135...Any help is greatly appreciated!

Oh and anytime is good for me today, Friday!
    1993 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-t
    613DriftWerks.ca

Its probably a long shot.. but I may be in orleans next weekend.. my cousins live out there.. and if I do i'll definately meet up with you to see if you indeed have a maf problem.. sorry I can't be anymore help
    The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

LOL, I really appreciate the offer, and if the car is still down for the count then, Im gonna be all over this offer!! I have a secret Z32 MAF sitting in my buddies garage, and I'm going to try that. Im concerned however about the setup, as the manual says something like 4 IN 2 OUT or vice versa on the SAFC, but SAU says leave it as 1 IN 1 OUT....

Anyone here have the I/O settings from thier setup or previous setup handy?

Ciao
      613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

when i put mine on i followed this

you will need a safc or a retune for this mod.

z32 MAF = 3.5 V
        rb20 MAF = 5 V

kyle
        Originally posted by funkymonkey
        You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

I ended up deciding to go against the Z32 right now until I put in my other ECU and injectors that has been chipped accordingly. I pulled out the digital bible, and go the diagnostic flowchart and instructions and pulled up the ol volt/ohm meter

Checked all the connections at the MAF plug to the ECU, both lines read 0ohm(intake qualtiy signal and ground), from relay to MAF had 0ohm, and ground I assume, also had 0ohm. MAF voltage increases as you blow on it, and stable at 1v when held in the air, and has battery volts when car ignition switch is on on either the black or black/silver trace, dont recall the exact colours, but I did it right last nite. So...wiring is fine, and the maf is fine right? What else does that leave, random breaking ECU? ECU still tells me code 12.
          613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

OK after a New MAF the car, she still wont run right.....
            Attached is my diagnosis procedure from the bible, can you guys look and see if I'm missing something. I grabbed my posting from NEO, and Ill paste it here because this is exactly what happened before the car went ka-putz.....

So I'm on my 5 mins drive to work, but get sidetracked by some suped up new mustang, had Cobra wheels or something, sounded not-stock thats for sure.....So we rip one on the 417, those familiar with the east end, we went from the police station to jeanne d'arc where we exited, had a quick chat, and i went to work late driving the 5 mins back because we went 5 mins past lol.....

I parked the car and let it idle down like normal. This was at 1430 and i go to work until 2100. I leave work, after a really busy nite, so I'm slightly frustrated, then I go start the car. Seems fine, try to drive off...BAM 2500rpm chugging...After the intial chug, it begins idling at around 1800....wierd.....

MAF problem, still in the mall parking lot, I check my SAFC and its gettin 0Vs....thats not right.... Wires all connected, etc, so I unplug my SAFC (After reconnecting the MAF wire), same problem, check the wiring, its all intact, still connected....

I aint towin' the car again, so i figure I drive it limping home cause it's only 5 mins, and magically, about half way there I notice its idling at its usual 850 or so, so I give'r...Its all good..... Next day, dead again...where she remains, except this time with a new 330$+shipping MAF yay!

Now...I havent had any issues yet with this plug, and one would think by looking at it that its obvious. (Sorry, on have the camera on my RAZR so...) I posted in the Classified section for someone with the same plug I could buy to eliminate that. I already resoldered the entire ECCS C/U blue harness becuase the one I got with my engine was hacked...and also missing a MAF plug, see the classified post for info on that.... :roll: So sick and tired of problems...I picked fast and reliable, not cheap...but it aint reliable

Thank you so much
            613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

man i really cant help, but with the problems uve been having its gotta be the maf in some way. thats EXACTLY how mine acted before i replaced mine. the ecu runs in a limp mode and controls the a/f until about 2500rpm from what a local tuner told me. its just so MAf like the way u describe it. i actually soldered my wires direct to the MAF pins. makes the best conection possible and you can just slide the old cover over and seal it up. not removable but how many times do you need to remove you maf from the engine bay... keep us posted man im watching.

kyle
              You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

Hmmm Perhaps I can try soldering it to the old MAF that apparently works still, but not the new one, I can still sell it if it turns out to be that. Ill give it a shot tommororw....but Im really really sad.. My mom was like, wheres that smile you had before your parts came in LOL
                613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

Haha. you are now officially a skyline owner. theres ups and downs and i promise the troubles will always be there

kyle

Comment

It was running so well, minus the alternator problem :roll: ...but I cant believe how hard it is to solve this problem...randomnes....

EDIT
                    Oooh, its my one year anniversary, someone gimmie a nice gift on the
                    solution to my problem
                    613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

8) Thank you Dr. Mango! Direct soldering and replacement of the MAF signal wires to the MAF worked....Wierd though how the harness plug still had no reistance from the MAF plug to the ecu plug :roll:
                      613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

did you use the old maf so you can sell the new one?

BTW lets see some pics now that shes mobile again!

kyle

Comment

Yea I might sell the new one now...well see...pics of what, the car?

Of the repair lol, go solder some wires to a MAF and take a look see :P

These pics were from last summer...before the RB, but it has since gone slightly downhill cause of bumper fitament issues...
                          613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

haha. ya pics of the car dood. it looks quite nice man. who did you have do the swap? also what wheels are those? i love hatches

kyle

Comment

I did all the work, with some minor help...5Zigen Hiedfelds...if you love the hatch so much, buy mine, cause Ill buy a Skyline now lol
                              613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X