Rotors and Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotors and Pads

Need some quotes on Rotors and pads. Need a full set front/rear for my 91 GTR.

thanks.
    1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

tried calling your friendly neighbourhood nissan dealership
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

JRP in Mississauga sells Hawk and EBC pads, and DBA rotors.
      '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
      at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

Vuk @ AMS has some nice products.

Comment

To the OP... Intended use will affect your choice.

Biggest question is whether or not you want to track your car.

Dan
          sigpic
          The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Hey guys, yeah i've been seriously looking into the AMS product, looks good.

As for application, i would say about 90% street with the occasional lapping day (a couple times a summer). Although now that the car is being only driven in summer, i'm open to options but i do need to keep cost in mind.

AMS looks like the best budget option, any reviews?
            1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

Originally posted by shaz10 View Post
              AMS looks like the best budget option, any reviews?
              I ran a set of the carbon ceramic pads (all four corners) for about an hour on a fast track that's pretty hard on brakes. They are now part of the atmosphere. They felt great after bedding them in on the street, on the way to the track, and for the first 20 minutes or so on the track.

My take would be they're fine for the street and maybe for light track use, but not for hard track applications.

I'm running OEM rotors and calipers on my GTR, which requires a better pad than a big brake kit would, but there are pads out there that, in combination with good race fluid, can do a very good job.

EBC Redstuff is my current favorite. I'll be giving a set of Hawk HP+ pads a try on Monday night and will have some feedback then.

Cheers,
              Dan
              sigpic
              The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-Dad
                I ran a set of the carbon ceramics (all four corners) for about an hour on a fast track that's pretty hard on brakes. They are now part of the atmosphere. They felt great after bedding them in on the street, on the way to the track, and for the first 20 minutes or so on the track.

My take would be they're fine for the street and maybe for light track use, but not for hard track applications.

I'm running OEM brakes on my GTR, which requires a better pad than a big brake kit would, but there are pads out there that, in combination with good race fluid, can do a very good job.

EBC Redstuff is my current favorite. I'll be giving a set of Hawk HP+ pads a try on Monday night and will have some feedback then.

Cheers,
                Dan
                I am also running EBC reds and i can say that i enjoy them thoroughly, bit loud but after they heat up they aren't so bad!
                1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
                If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
                Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

what about the front rotors ?I can't find them anywhere around here..
                  My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

AMS should have 2-piece BNR32 fronts out soon
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

hopefully within the month...
                      My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
                        hopefully within the month...
                        just buy the BBK.
                        Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Working...
                        X