AMS KILLS BAMBI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS KILLS BAMBI!

Well as some may know we sadly smoke Bambi while attending Zcon in San Antonio! One of our support corporate vehicles (Cayenne S) was used to transport some supplies and crew to ZNationals and then straight to Zcon. Third day in heading to the track event we had Bambi attempt a full frontal assault on the German Tank. Bad move. We were on a major Interstate in the slow lane when all of a sudden - bang! No time to react as she decided to dart in front full speed. Kept the Cayenne Straight and exited first off-ramp There was a trooper serving and protecting (radar trap). With the kill still fresh and hairs and remnants spewed on the fender the cop was able to write a report within 5 minutes. Never saw the deer on the side of the highway on the way back. So Bambi either was hit so hard it was bounced back into the bushes/oblivion or it had a little adrenaline left and darted a few metres for it's final resting place.

Damage was $9000+ and we luckily were able to drive it back some 3000 km's to Toronto to get the work done! Bottom line it is just a car and no passenger injuries!

Pics right after the hit:

Pics after the body work:

One less dear to worry about in Texas!

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

PROVIDING FOR NISSAN'S FLAGSHIPS SINCE 1992!

SEMA MEMBER & SEMA STREET PERFORMANCE COUNCIL MEMBER

Hope my Cayenne S doesn't feel the wrath of Bambi any time soon! lol
    Not bad damage for 100 or so km/h impact! Glad everyones safe.
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

wow, that looks bad, but i suppose it could have been way worse!
      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Yeah the parts and repairs are not cheap!

Lucky we service P-Cars and will be launching parts for these as well within our Prestige division next year.

If I clipped her towards the center the air-bags would of deployed and I could only imagine the repair bill

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
        Hope my Cayenne S doesn't feel the wrath of Bambi any time soon! lol
        Not bad damage for 100 or so km/h impact! Glad everyones safe.

Comment

Yeah end of the day a piece of metal that is repairable or replaceable We got out in one piece which is the priority. The Interstate was rammed so if anyone swerved or hit the brakes there would of been a chain reaction!

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
          wow, that looks bad, but i suppose it could have been way worse!

Comment

glad to hear you took another one of those evil baby eaters down!

Kyle
            Originally posted by funkymonkey
            You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Vuk@AMS View Post
              Yeah the parts and repairs are not cheap!

Lucky we service P-Cars and will be launching parts for these as well within our Prestige division next year.

If I clipped her towards the center the air-bags would of deployed and I could only imagine the repair bill

Regards,

Vuk@AMS
              glad to see you guys are okay and that the Cayenne is back up to snuff.....hopefully when my GTR sells (if it ever does) I'll get myself into Cayenne ,....... and please make sure to post when you guys jump on the P-car aftermarket band wagon, my 996TT needs some love ....

again, glad to see nobody got hurt

- looking for a new project
              - '90 SKYLINE GT-R R32---SOLD
              - '01 Porsche 996TT--- SOLD
              - '12 AUDI A6 Quattro---daily driver

Comment

Glad to see you guys are okay, but judging by what looks like feces, the deers dead. and Do you by any chance live near central etobicoke of Kipling or islington? I was driving through that area and saw your trailer and the pictures back ground looks familiar.
                Steve
                You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

odd how a crashed cayenne looks better than a factory fresh one lol
                  I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

MMM undigested grass all over the fender. Surprised there was no blood though.

Wouldn't insurance cover this?

Glad to see your guys were ok.

Comment

Yeah the Cayenne is a nice SUV. It has its pros and cons compared to our 2005 Pathfinder S which is also a nice truck. Get the Cayenne S as it offers the best of all worlds. I was thinking the turbo but them servicing and my desire for upgrading everything I own would get pricey lol! Turbos are so easy to squeeze power out of.

We currently do the servicing on various P-Cars. The aftermarket parts we have several acounts set up and will have the new web-site up early next year. We plan on offering AMS Rotors, Pads, Suspension .......
                      We upgraded the 6 speed tranny with stainless steel synchros and a titanium hub bearing retainer as well. Have an account with G-Box. Third gear synchro was cooked early this Spring. The AWD tranny is a very labour intensive job.

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

Originally posted by 996TT View Post
                      glad to see you guys are okay and that the Cayenne is back up to snuff.....hopefully when my GTR sells (if it ever does) I'll get myself into Cayenne ,....... and please make sure to post when you guys jump on the P-car aftermarket band wagon, my 996TT needs some love ....

again, glad to see nobody got hurt

Comment

Yeah the trailer is parked temporarily at one of our residences Neighbours love the advertising!

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

Originally posted by G.T.R View Post
                        Glad to see you guys are okay, but judging by what looks like feces, the deers dead. and Do you by any chance live near central etobicoke of Kipling or islington? I was driving through that area and saw your trailer and the pictures back ground looks familiar.
                        Steve

Comment

Don't be a hater

The Cayenne is more SUV than most of the alternatives out there. Trust me I thought it wasn't a truck until you look up the specs then you will think differently. My mind was convinced after a test drive. It drives like a sport sedan compared to our 2005 Pathfinder LE - which itself is a very good SUV.

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
                          odd how a crashed cayenne looks better than a factory fresh one lol

Comment

Full coverage from insurance minus the deductable of $500. No increases to policy apparently as it is viewed similar to an act of god

Regards,

Vuk@AMS

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                            MMM undigested grass all over the fender. Surprised there was no blood though.

Wouldn't insurance cover this?

Glad to see your guys were ok.

Comment

Working...
                            X