Experience ordering from GTR-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience ordering from GTR-G

I've got my hands on some stuff from GTR-Garage, and somewhere in the process I agreed to write a review of my experience -- so here it is.

If you're impatient, I'll give you the tl;dr now: it was a good experience.

Now, for the longer version! I just want to mention off the start that I believe they ship items in different ways, so just make sure you double check (if you care) how you're getting the items and in about what time frame.

I think the biggest thing I want to relay is that I'm not sure if there are other people that work with GTR-Garage, but I dealt with Kunio. The communication was awesome, I basically originally contacted him about some of the items posted, and we talked a bit about getting a few things -- negotiated some pricing -- and that sealed the deal. You get a pretty easy invoice to work with through FreshBooks, I personally paid by credit card, but I think they provide other options too.

Two things that happened during my order I thought are worth mentioning as a positive experience.

First of all, I ordered a downpipe, and Kunio contacted me before shipping letting me know that the one they were going to send had a crack in it, and then provided me with 3 different options (which were either saving me money or getting a small upgrade for the same price as I'd already paid) -- I think that was fair and we didn't have to waste time if it got here un-inspected and damaged.

Second, a set of turbo-s I wanted was sold to someone else after I inquired about it. The solution was once again pretty similar, I was offered the same turbo model that I ordered, but a different set, or a similar, but slightly different model.

I know some people may see these as hitches, but I think the communication and options offered were good and showed a good level of commitment by the seller to make this successful.

Obviously in the end when ordering parts (used or new), it's the quality of what arrives that matters... so it's picture time!

A mix of items... (I realize I didn't resize the images nearly enough, so going to link most of the rest).
    What I basically ordered: HKS GT-SS turboes, Tomei turbo elbows, Tomei exhaust manifolds, Tomei fuel pump, and HKS cam pulleys. You can also see that I talked Kunio into saving me some time and getting the needed gaskets for these parts which was great!

The images are larger, than the forum shrinks them, which is great, because I thought I horribly screwed up be resizing them too big. But feel free to open in new window I guess for full size.

The exhaust manifolds, they were used of course. Nothing to complain about here.

The box that part of the order was in, everything was pretty well packed, and it needed it -- see later.

The front pipe, once again everything was fine.

These were new, so I just really opened them to make sure there were no "new" defects.

The fuel pump, some of the wiring was stripped, so going to have to clean that up. Not a big deal, but it wasn't possible to see this on the pictures on the GTR site.

Finally, the turboes, just trying to convey how they look overall, and point out what I mean about shipping and good packaging.

As you can see here below, one of the studs (not bolts -- thanks amnash) was clean sheared off somewhere in shipping. Obviously not the end of the world, but something to be mindful of items.

So yeah, I hope this helps to explain what to expect when ordering from GTR-Garage and just from international dealers period. I'm new to this, but I would definitely see what Kunio has to offer in the future as funds and desire allow.

If you have any questions, I guess ask away?
    Last edited by tenkay; 04-26-2013, 09:23 PM. Reason: Fix image links

turbos look fine? those are studs.. not bolts, and that stud doesn't look sheared. looks like it just backed out from vibration no? just screw it in with double nut method and anti seize and you good to go. am i missing something?

studs are meant to come out so you can replace them if needed
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Thanks for the review Sergey. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of everything on the other side of the water. In regard to the stud on the exhaust side of the turbo, we just had this happen on another pair of GT-SS turbos we shipped. Obviously we'll be addressing this by adding additional packing around the studs on the exhaust side so it doesn't happen again.

I'm happy to work with everyone the way I did with Sergey. He told me what he was looking for and we spent some time going back and forth until we came up with the package of parts he wanted. Great stuff.

>Kunio<
      KUNIO MURAMOTO / SALES@GTR-GARAGE.COM

Comment

Yea, English not my first language, so some things I tend to just get wrong sometimes hah

Here's a more detailed explanation of it definitely not just backing out :P

Originally posted by amnash View Post
        turbos look fine? those are studs.. not bolts, and that stud doesn't look sheared. looks like it just backed out from vibration no? just screw it in with double nut method and anti seize and you good to go. am i missing something?

Comment

In also dealing Kunio from gtr garage its a good experience so far waiting in one fine detail to close the deal.

Comment

Detailed provided.

Comment

I also ordered a set of HKS GT-SS turbos from Kunio at GTR Garage (perhaps I am the one that scooped the ones you wanted). I have to say that my experience dealing with Kunio was also positive and the communication was excellent. Unfortunately, my turbos also had one broken stud each and upon inspection I determined that is was definitely during shipping because the broken studs were still stuck in the bubble wrap. The remaining pieces came out of the turbos easily so I wasn't worried about it. Turbos were exactly as described and arrived clean and new looking. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with GTR Garage again. Good price, fast shipping, excellent communication.
              Better to be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Thanks for the review. Fortunately the bolt problem seems to be resolved as the last four sets of turbos we have shipped have arrived with no issue. I think the buyers were a bit surprised to see baby pillows taped to the back of their turbos.

Comment

I also order some parts from Gtr garage a while ago. I also had a great experience and I happy to say that we have another reliable and great vendor that we can buy parts from.
                  What have I ordered: new Nismo supercopper mix twin plate clutch, new oem clutch operating cylinder, couple of nismo veruspeed oil filters and greddy easy cams.

During the buying process. Kunio was able to provide great communication and time the shipping date well so I get the parts just a few days after I get back from Asia. So I am there to make sure the parts get here and everything was perfect. He also make his way to pick up the oem clutch operating cylinder from nissan Hiroshima so he can ship out the stuff before the Japanese Golden week holiday. If he didn't do that I would have wait 10 more days for my parts.
                  Package: Kunio is obsessed with packing. It took me 20 minutes to unpack everything. He taped 2 nismo oil filter in the middle of bigger box so they don't get crushed. There are 5 or 6 layers of bubble wrap packing the greddy camshafts which was a pain to unwrap.

Of course everything arrived in pristine condition because of the crazy packaging. I will recommend Gtr garage to anyone and will do business with Kunio whenever I need parts from Japan.
                  10 Infiniti FX35
                  09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                  02 Subaru WRX....sold
                  01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                  90-00-08 BNR32
                  92 NX2000...sold
                  95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

I have had an excellent experience with GTR-Garage. I'll be posting a detailed build that I'm currently doing with parts almost entirely provided by Kunio.
                    He's a great guy to deal with and exceeds expectations.

Comment

^ Same here, albeit much less fancy parts. I wonder what you have brewing lol?
                      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I know what he has brewing and he's brewing it right now. I'm not going to tell though.

Comment

Working...
                        X