Question for the members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the members

Quick question for anyone had a minute or two. If you were in the market to import a vehicle and looked at the website www.jdmconnection.ca Would the FAQ section listed here http://jdmconnection.ca/?page_id=123 cover most of your questions you had if you knew squat all about the process ?

I would say its a good FAQ section, covers all the basics. however I would add some info about the prov/fed inspection process so people will know that they will have to get them inspected and legalized here

Comment

That's a tough one to answer because each province does have different requirements. There is this information on another page:

"" Once arrived to it’s final destination in Canada, you will need a licensed mechanic to go through the vehicle to ensure that all related safety items are in good working order ( lights, tires, brakes, suspension components, etc. ) We do have the vehicles inspected in Japan prior to purchasing, there are sometimes small details left out ( such as tire tread, thickness of the brake pads, etc ) as our inspectors are more concerned about major mechanical faults and cosmetic blemishes.

It’s a good idea to have some extra room in your budget in case some repairs or maintenance are required. On average we see that the vehicles need $300.00 - $600.00 in maintenance and repairs for their first owners, although this does depend on the specific vehicle you choose.

There are also some provinces in Canada that require ” compliance work ” to be done to the vehicles prior to being registered. Some provinces will require that you install day time running lights, change the headlights, install a third brake light, etc. if the vehicle is not already equipped. Most of the vehicles we currently import already have these requirements, but some may not and will need to be modified to meet provincial licensing requirements. We do recommend that you consult with your provincial registries office to find out about these requirements prior to purchasing an imported vehicle. ""

I'll be sure to incorporate this into the FAQ section in the near future.

Comment

Overall looks pretty good, however I did a quick fly by of the auction cars and noticed a lot of them containing the inspection sheet. Now not everyone is able to read or understand Japanese.

I don't remember where I grabbed this from but adding this or something similar as a FAQ might help field of the silly questions.

Comment

Working...
        X