POSSIBLE vipec issue with r32 gtr atessa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POSSIBLE vipec issue with r32 gtr atessa

So I got a plug in vipec install this fall and since the installation, I have had constant intermittent losses of AWD due to a TPS fault which doesn't affect the ecu but only the atessa unit. Now, I'm not saying it's a vipec issue since we also replaced the intake plenum (removed the TPS to install) but some have said it may be.

Anyways, I've found some information by a few others on SAU who had this issue with their GTRs with vipecs and autronic ECUs and found that the ecu was causing a slight voltage drop that faulted the atessa unit. I'm not the only Gtr owner with a vipec or autronic so have any others experienced weird AWD issues with the car? If this is a dead end, I have no choice but to start replacing parts as trouble shooting is getting trickier with the engine out. Thanks to those who may have some information. Worst case I ditch the AWD rofl.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Ok, got some more information.

The V-88 was the one causing some issues so I'm back on the scratch pad. Should I kick the Atessa and drop to a 25 gearbox and pan? lol. Ongoing.... open to ideas, going to open the main harness and do some hard tests on it. Next will be TPS, then atessa unit.
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
      Ok, got some more information.

The V-88 was the one causing some issues so I'm back on the scratch pad. Should I kick the Atessa and drop to a 25 gearbox and pan? lol. Ongoing.... open to ideas, going to open the main harness and do some hard tests on it. Next will be TPS, then atessa unit.
      I peronally think that the ATESSA system is the core of a GTR. That's the reason that GTRs won all those races in the past. So, I'd keep Atessa. Otherwise, I would just buy a GTS.

Comment

Hey Franc,

I'm curious to see what you find out, I also am looking at running a ViPec so it's nice to see what people are experiencing with them, this is one of the first problems i've heard with them.
        Keep thread updated !

Corey.

Comment

Well, it's probably just a coincidence that the problem started happening when the vipec was installed.
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

My clutch pack was gradually dying, but ATTESA worked fine with my ViPEC.

I've recently installed an OS Giken box with a new transfer case. The R32 speedo adaptation to the R33 box crapped out and currently reads zero all the time. This affects ATTESA!

Dan
            sigpic
            The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was reading in my ViPec manal and in the back there is a "known issues" section.

On some GTR and 4WD models a warning light may be displayed on the dash. This may be due to the value of the ECUs TPS Out signal level being too low. A solution to this is to slightly rotate the TPS to increase the closed throttle voltage. Remember to do a TPS cal after moving the TPS.
              So when you are on the dyno tuning and seting up a ViPec it might be best to get a higher closed voltage and a new Cal. Seems like an easy fix.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Working...
              X