Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Wayback Playback!

Hello everyone,

My name is Dave for those of you who i have yet to meet;-) and for the rest of you who i already know!!! A smile and a wave to you also!!

Soo it is time for me to start a build thread. I have been gathering parts over the winter/end of last summer and now (since i have sometime). I will start this thread and get some feed back from you all on what you think soo far of the stuff i have bought and items i wish to add to my build in the future. The car itself will be setup for daily driving (summers only) and also be my weekend track car. If you see items that i might want to add or delete feel free to post your views as i will be taking everything (as much as i can) into consideration.Soo sit back and i hope you all enjoy!

Cheers~Dave

My List of parts so far include:
    Present:

R34 N1 Twinzz (Turbos)
    RS*R Dump Pipes
    Trust 3' Downpipe
    De-Cat Pipe
    HKS Carbon Ti. Exhaust (Custom)
    HKS Hardpipe Kit
    HKS Pod Intake System
    A/M 3" FMIC
    Greddy Air Diversion Plate
    Blitz Full Auto Timer
    KVR Slitted Front Rotors
    EBC Gold Slitted Rear Rotors
    EBC Red Brake Pads
    Advan Neova AD07 Tires
    Kei Office Spec-R Coilovers
    Cusco Carbon-Fiber Front STB
    Cusco Carbon-Fiber Rear STB
    Cusco Triangle Trunk Brace
    A/M 6000k HID's
    Godspeed 2 Row Aluminum Radiator
    RBF 600 Brake Fluid
    Steel Braided Brake Lines
    4 Piston GTR Front Brakes
    2 Piston GTR Rear Brakes
    JDM Weight 360c shift knob

Future (summer 2008 ) 8)

New FMIC 24"x12"x3"
    15-19 Row Oil Cooler + Thermostat
    Oil filter Relocation kit
    Greddy Oil Catch Can
    Axis Halo 18x10-10.5J @ all Corners
    Nur Spec Gold Engine re-paint
    Nismo Side Spats
    Nismo Rear Spats
    Nismo Circuit Link Kit
    Cusco Front Sway bar and Endlinks
    Cusco Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks
    New Front Lip (Nismo/Veilside)
    AGR Carbon-Fiber Racing Seats
    Seibon Carbon-Fiber Hood
    Seibon Carbon-Fiber Trunk
    Ichiban Engine Damper
    Momo Race Steering wheel
    HKB Hub

and more to come. . .

Some Pics of the car i took last summer . . . shitty camera i got a new one now {used the new one to take pics of the parts you'll see a difference for sure.}

Summer day out front of my house,when i had first got her! (before i got to add me personal touch still love the stock look but time for a change!!!) :drive:

^----The Engine Covers / Intake Plenum will this year be painted from green to Gold.

My list/pics of parts i accumulated over the End of 2007 summer/this winter.
    You'll find out from the following pics and list that Carbon Fiber is starting to be a little bit of an addiction for me (an expesive one:hit_head: but pure SEX)

1. Exhaust

Sending off the HKS Carbon-Ti to get a 304 stainless 3inch pipe w/ De-cat exhaust from my dump pipe (also 3inch) and pending on the cost and/use maybe a screamer pipe!! (Cheers Braden @ JNS for help on this!)

Gotta love 4.5inch outlet "Thats a serious tail pipe" Zing!!

2. Footwork

Picked the Kei-Office Height adj. Coil-overs up off C-Unit (Cheers to G-Lab) to help me out with my 4WD like stance and to start the foot work off properly. I only showed pics of 1 front 1 rear cause i didnt want to unpack the rest as you can see the pics are all taken on my bed (thats right i sleep beside all this . . . LIKE A BABY!!8-) )

3. Chassis Stiffening

So after careful consideration and talking it over with some member here at the site and buddies i landed on Cusco as the company that will handle most of my chassis stiffening and when i saw that they made Carbon STB's for the GTR i was all over it . . . and after some consideration about my plans for the car decided against a full cage and will stick with some more bolt on stiffening if you are wondering what the aluminum piece is you can see it on RHDjapan's webiste under Cusco Tri-angle Trunk brace.

4. Brakes

Since track is the build setup i am aiming for i knew that brakes would be very high on my list. As this year will be my first for weekend tracking i decided that i would tackle brake fade as much i could before i hit the track. I have gone and changed my Rotors to KVR slitted Front (Cheers Malibusst {Manny} for these) and EBC Slitted rear (need to pick these up still), and changed the lines out for braided steel,pads for EBC Red-stuff (GTR-Dad, Dan thx to your posts) and lastly will change to RBF600 brake fluid in the summer when its not soo crap out :hit newb:!

5. R34 N1 Twin Turbozz

I had a little it of a mishap last year you might have heard (I blew my rear turbo exhaust wheel:hit newb: ) and soo it was time to decide which turbos i was either gonna upgrade to or if i was just going to pick up a replacement stocker. After some research and a great price/help from Timo (Timothy, White wide body 500+hp beast- Thanks buddy for the turbos!!) I was all set and ready to upgrade to a set of R34 N1's w/ Zero shaft play side-to-side or up and down. Story for Tim was when he had bought his car he didnt know he had R34 N1's till he had already bought and swapped 2530's . . .sooo i got very lucky!!

6. Misc/Fun/Ricey (a bit of rice never hurt)

Soo here is the stuff i got for myself and because i like it sooo you have no say in this section whatsoever hehehe:-D :-D :-D

Greddy Carbon/Kevlar Air Diversion Plate help guide air to the right places (Rad/Intercooler) i got this for a great price from RHDjapan and since they don't make them anymore period i was partial to it and soo its mine.

6000k HID Kit. The stock headlights on a GT-R might truly be the worst i ever used.

JDM Weight Shift Knob (cheers Chris, Hope you get a new GTR Asap!)

And Lastly and the most ricey. . . . my shoulder pads/seatbelt guards. All in all i am sure that these are what make my car as fast as it is soo i had to have em!! + they tie in a bit more w/ my red/black interior w/o paint panels cause that is disgusting . . .

Well hope you all got some good ideas for me and had a good read i will try to update as i get more items and put all these fun goodies on her!!

Cheers again~Dave
    1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
    If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
    Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Looking good Dave, I've got KVR rear rotors sitting on my desk for the spring. So I guess you are leaving the bottom end as-is for now? Let me know if you need help with any of this. I miss my GTR so much I'm quite happy wrenching on other peoples in my spare time.

Running high end brake fluid will help with fade big time. A bit of advise to everyone else: DO NOT TRACK ON OEM 300ZX PADS!! I went from brand new, to metal on metal in one track day. HUGE pad fade. It was totally unsafe. Anyways, hope it all comes together well, let me know if u want a hand Dave.

Comment

I thought the rear pads for our cars were same as the 300zxtt? is there a special set i would as for from EBC for the rears? (i still need to pick up rear pads)

Nate, thx for the heads up i am sure we'll be wrenching for sure when the weather is a bit better :hit newb: , and same goes for you man if you need my help msg me or call my celly (i'l pass you the number on msn haha).

cheers~Dave
      1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.

Comment

all our pads are the same as 300zx, I was just saying not to track on OEM ones. They wont take the abuse. Hawk and EBC, among others, both make rear pads for our application. Myself I have Hawk HPS going on the rear.

Comment

stay away from seibon products as they are very inconsistant and bad quality. Spend the extra $$$ and get some decent stuff. p

Comment

My seibon hood is very nice... I'm not sure what quality issue it has...

Nice build, glad to see you got a hold of a good set of n1's. I'm going with new 2860r-5's instead.

Comment

HAHA thanks for the shoutout on the knob!

Build looks awesome...looks like ill soon be joining the build threads with a rb26 powered gtst drift machine!!!
              1991 Skyline GTS-T DRIFT BUILD
              1990 Skyline GTR-32 RIP...stupid thief
              1997 Dodge Dakota 4x4
              2004 Honda CBR600RR (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by bowes View Post
                HAHA thanks for the shoutout on the knob!

Build looks awesome...looks like ill soon be joining the build threads with a rb26 powered gtst drift machine!!!
                Ohh SNAP, Go big or go home!! i luv it Chris!
                1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Whaaaaaaat sweet build man, its nice to see some builds like this going on here at home and not just in the UK. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I'm going to see my buddy this weekend and he will check out my car to see how much the exhaust will cost. When are you looking to have the exhaust done? What size and material pipe, what kind of weld would you prefer? Obviously stainless but CF would go AMAZING with that muffler you got there but this guy is strictly a steel manufaturer
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SxyBeast View Post
                    Whaaaaaaat sweet build man, its nice to see some builds like this going on here at home and not just in the UK. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I'm going to see my buddy this weekend and he will check out my car to see how much the exhaust will cost. When are you looking to have the exhaust done? What size and material pipe, what kind of weld would you prefer? Obviously stainless but CF would go AMAZING with that muffler you got there but this guy is strictly a steel manufaturer
                    Sxybeast, I better see your build up here soon!!!
                    1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Update

Some other parts arrived today, my Godspeed Aluminum Rad from JNS (Braden cheers again man <-- Great shipping and a great seller) and also a Turbosmart In-Cabin MBC after realizing that the reason i probably blew my rear stocker is because the boost restrictor was taken off by the previous owner so it seems as overboost is what killed that rear exhaust wheel. . . NEVER AGAIN!!!

I thought the welds would be lot worse but they will more then adequate for my application + if its 40&#37; flow over stock, stock would still have been fine for my goals soo meh

Great price and will have to do till i can get the flows together for a Greddy Profec B Spec ll
                      1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Finally after a long wait, and the worst winter ever the car is in the more then capable hands of Manny:bow down: (Malibusst) at FT Products in Mississauga Turbos and exhaust fab well underway and then she'll be out to prowl again with you all!!!

Pics to follow
                        Cheers~Dave
                        1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Good stuff Dave. Manny's work speaks for itself so you will NOT be disappointed.

Comment

Hey Daver,

Looking good man, keep up the good work?

BTW get that exhaust all done up yet?
                            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                            1969 Cooper S. Restored
                            1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Nate, i am gonna miss CSCS this year :hit newb: , i had already made plansto go to a buddies cottage, but i will be out to the rest of the meets/track days (if i can).

Braden, Yeah man exhaust is being made as i type this reply to you.

Got some progress pics of the car turbos out and i have taken home the exhaust manifolds home to start porting them out (stock is pretty restrictive) some pics here:

After taking the turbo piping off and getting ready to pull the olds stockers we can really see how much oil that bastard was spewing out eeeegh!

More to come . . .
                              1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Working...
                              X