GT-R Short Shifter Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Short Shifter Suggestions

Well, all I can say is that the R32 OEM GT-R Shift Knob is a deceiving little HO ! and the threads don't start as low as one might think, but are burried right up at the TOP of the head....lol

While putting on my Nismo shift knob, I realized all too well that the end result was an even TALLER overall shifter than before (or so it seemed)......lol....NOT cool.

Can someone suggest something in the sub-$300 price range that might cut down atleast 3-4 inches off the top ?

Thanks.
    Allan

you can get a nsimo solid short shifter, improves throw by 10% and its not too bad on the price, the nismo quick shift is the better one but that's expensive.

Comment

Any thoughts on Comrade C's Short Shifter ?
      RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo BKK View Post
        you can get a nsimo solid short shifter, improves throw by 10% and its not too bad on the price, the nismo quick shift is the better one but that's expensive.
        Dont know about the length on those nismo kits...

Comment

I think the nismo has 2 versions. Solid is 10% and short is 20-25%. Solid is good but short may be a bad thing.. not 100% sure though
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Ikeya Formula sequential shifter!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
              I think the nismo has 2 versions. Solid is 10% and short is 20-25%. Solid is good but short may be a bad thing.. not 100% sure though
              Yeah, that's correct. From what I've gathered, the solid shift came about due to people over-engaging gears and damaging synchros, like placing third past third and not having as much contact area on the cogs. Perhaps the extra shift speed with the shorter throw contributed to this.
              There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

The solid shift is safe to use (with normal people lol) and the shorter shift is for Tarzan Yamada.
                No build thread.
                1991 nissan
                El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
                  Any thoughts on Comrade C's Short Shifter ?
                  http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Comr...ift-GT-R-23183
                  one of the best i've tried, more solid than the nismo 25%. have been using for months and no complaint at all

Comment

If you're worried about the actual length of the shifter in the driver compartment, hack down the actual stick and rethread it? Or just glue your new shift knob onto the stub.

Comment

Working...
                    X