No announcement yet.

Conversion gts-t to r34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ with the quality of threads popping up lately, i hope it doesnt go downhill...

A good looking copy of an R34 gtr will take realistically at LEAST 15k. Bee-R kits are cheaper, you dont get a 34 rear end, which takes a lot to do as well seeing as the car is narrower and shorter. the cabin will look a lot smaller in comparison to the rest of the car, but hey, its not nearly the same chassis. RB26 is pretty close to a direct drop in, youll need to get it set up for RWD. Ive only seen 3 people do a full body swap, and unless its done with deep pockets, it will most likely look out of place. but thats just my two cents, do what you please, its your car
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

^ Well said
      Originally posted by kengeroo
      that's what I thought when I opened the package..
      ...don't drink and ebay
      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I hate bashing people cause no one likes being treated poorly. But honestly. It looks like its another kid, who got a skyline and wants to make it look like the one in the fast and furious.

1. If your going to do this conversion. Why not start with a gtr. It has everything you need to have a good platform to start from (rb26, AWD)

2. Your probably going to spend just as much money getting a rb26 and wired into your gts as it would cost your for a gtr.

3. I don't understand the point of these conversion. Trying to make your car something its not. I love the look of the r32. And i love the look of the r34. But seriously, in 3 years, the r34 will be street legal here and your car will just be a conversion.

But like Ryan said, its your car, you do what you want it. I respect the fact that you are taking on this challenge.

I know its easier just to ask questions and hope for answers, but searching will do you wonders, Not just on this site, but use google. Pretty everything you can think of has been done and the info is usually out there.

good luck
        sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
        ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Im doing this exact project,just waiting on front x member and installing rear quarters

Comment

oh , its a gts33 to gtr33
            just need to look for good deals.Where i live there are only 3 skylines[1gts33 1gtr34 and my gts33] with mine,got a front clip off a gtr and installed the rb26 ,rear sub frame and only nee front sub to install awd tranny

Comment

front gtr34 parts fit on a gts33 with minor mods

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyd View Post
                front gtr34 parts fit on a gts33 with minor mods
                Minor mods? Are you drunk?
                -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

show you when im done,just expecting oem 34 body parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyd View Post
                    show you when im done,just expecting oem 34 body parts.
                    I already did it, and its more than just minor mods.
                    -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

is there a way to put an authentic r34 nose on the 32 without the Bee-r kit?

Comment

Probably by Metal work. People did this with the S14:S15 front before all the conversion fenders. You graft the fenders where they over lap but unless you're doing it yourself , I expect this to be very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                        X