No announcement yet.

gtst daytime running lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assure you, the switch has more than 5 going to it. And "yes" they did things differently.

It would not be difficult for you or I to figure out being in the trade, but for people that dont comprehend wiring and such may end up shorting things they should not be.

Off the top of my head (from memory) there are 9 wires. But certainly more than 5. ANd its not as easy as just looking at them.

If you have a meter you can figure out which is which. But you gotta know what you are doing.

BTW: I am not talking about the entire cluster wiring either, JUST that switch for the headlights.

Comment

switch for the headlights has exactly 9. and yea, its confising. the wires are in this pattern though:

-------------
      |1|2|3| |4|
      -------------
      |5|6|7|8|9|
      -------------

kind of a crude diagram, but it works. Does anyone know off hand how i could go about attacking that switch. im assuming there is some ACC source on the switch because the chime dings when the key is in but not giving off ACC power. so to jumper the ACC power to the wires that control the brake running lights and the small headlight bulb, that would be perfect. anyone have a wiring diagram sitting around? :-?

Comment

here is a golden nugget for you

the headlight wires (yes there are 2!) are the 2 outside ones that are BOTH yellow on that connector.

Its up to you to find a switched power source (there is NOT one at that switch) to tap into and run to BOTH of those yellow wires. One is for left headlight, one is for right headlight. The power goes from there to the relays, so the actual current draw is VERY minimal.

The door chime is totally seperate, and is stuck to the back of your lower plastic peice. It only gets power off one of those wires, but also turnes on for a number of other reasons. And its a bit more confusing for that portion as well.

That should be enough info for you though. Just dont forget to fuse your wire that you tap into.

I know how I do it, and have done it. But, there are more than one ways to actually make this work. I just do it ONE of those ways.

Comment

golden indeed. Thanks for the tip. i just wired an ACC source to the yellow wires and works like a charm. Easy diy.

Comment

i have a turbo timer hooked up to a 15amp fuse
            i turn on car it turns on
            i turn off car it counts down and turns off
            so cant i just splice the two yellows to the blue wire
            coming from the fuse to the timer
            and should i up the amp of the fuse to 20?

Comment

-------------
              |1|2|3| |4|
              -------------
              |5|6|7|8|9|
              -------------

i cant find this under the wheel
              i have a calsonic race wheel
              i found one with 8
              disconnected and jimmyed
              but it has 4 yellows i think 2 soild a darker yellow 2 with red stripe
              and its located right beside the under dash fuse box

is this it?

Comment

If the connector is grey, that's the Consult port.
                '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyjohnny View Post
                  If the connector is grey, that's the Consult port.
                  it is grey
                  so that not it?
                  then where is it do i have to dig further
                  or remove dash?
                  does the crappy tire module need under hood mod or under dash mod?
                  i need help?!?

Comment

if i remmeber correctly.... all you need to do is get the headlights to turn on when you ignition is in the on position.

Therefore wire up the lights to module, then take the constant 12v red wire i think and jam that in the cigarette fuse underneath the dash and voila lights turn on when ignition is on.

Im actually in the process of doing this for my r33 aswell mtype. i just installed the prelude headlights. You dont necessarly need the module thou, a simple wire to that fuse will turn them on i think....

Last edited by cooke24; 10-30-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X