Electrical Fan install....With pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Fan install....With pics

This is a simple how to on installing a 14 inch electrical fan into your R32(or even r33,r34). Most Skylines have the same rad size so here it goes.

1)Remove the rad.
    -Remove the rad cap
    -Basiclly drain the coolant.(bottom left of the rad)
    -Remove the top and bottom hoses
    -Remove the Engine fan(4x 10mm bolts) PUT THE BOLTS ON AFTER REMOVING THE MECHANICAL FAN
    -Yank the rad out
    -Remove the gay Fan shroud.
    -Give it a wash while its out

2) installing the fan(mechanical)

Mount the fan in the middle

Locate the stock fan shroud holes on the side of the rad.

Buy a mounting kit or use zip tie or costom make brackets

Install the mount kit on each side

Make sure they are tight. DONT OVER TIGHTEN.

You could also use Brackets from Crappy tire. Make sure it dosent move

Installing the Fan(electrical)
    1) Ground the - wire(duh) and splice the + wire into you starter at the fuse box
    2) Buy a switch from crappy tire and run the fan to the switch so you could turn it on and off manualy.

Thats it your done.

im not sure where to get it, but in my pickup, there is an electrical thermostat that turns the fan on and off when its hot.

Comment

I just did this... And I didn't even have to remove the rad from the car. Just loosen it.

... Those round zap straps go thru the rad fins btw. Much easier... My fan is larger too... lol.
      Double

Comment

Instead of wiring the fans, a simple way I found is to use the stock fog light harness.

I just had a blank button as I removed my fog lights before so it worked perfectly. Clean.

Comment

There is a thermal switch at the lower right side of the rad, which can be used to control the fan. I installed the FAL-220 puller fan, and wired it right to the connector for the OEM electric/aux fan. Car hit's 90deg, fans run...
          1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
          1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Working...
          X