Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Washing/Detailing Tips (Formerly: "Clay Bars")

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Car Wax, Carnauba Wax, Show Car Wax, Microfiber, Clay Bar, Random Orbital Polisher, Ceramic Coating. chemical guys, dual action polisher, carpro, car wash soap, chamois, car polish, aquapel, best car polish, stoner, suds car wash, porter cable, waterless car wash, wolfgang, ceramic car coating,

check out the testimonials...you will never use zaino again

I buy all my stuff off eshine, cheaper than most other places I've been too.
    Tuning the Spec V until I can own a V Spec...

Regional Coordinator - Manitoba

Comment

OMG thats hawt!
      :shock:

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Eshine FTW! Oh and you can use sudsy water as a lubricant for the clay. No sense in wasting a $10 bottle of QD for lube

Comment

I'm going to rename this thread and sticky it in FAQ as a detailing/washing guide.
          Race. Win. Live.

Comment

OT: Silvialude did I see your car at the nissan Julep meet today?
            Marc-André
            _________
            2.2L RB20 GTS-T
            ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by m3tal
              Eshine FTW! Oh and you can use sudsy water as a lubricant for the clay. No sense in wasting a $10 bottle of QD for lube
              Sudsy water? I'm assuming that's just water with soap in it?

it works as well as the spray stuff right?

That's awsome if soap + water can act as a lube for the clay. I guess you'd have to rinse it off again after though right?
              Tuning the Spec V until I can own a V Spec...

Regional Coordinator - Manitoba

Comment

If you're using soapy water as clay lube, make sure the soap you're using is a PROPER CAR SOAP, not something for your dirty dishes. Proper car soaps have lubricants and cleaners,where as dish soaps have degreasers.

Put a few caps fulls in a bottle, put in your water and shake it. Then spray the desired amount onto the panel and start claying.

You should be able to to just rinse off the car after. This is only if you're going to be following it up with a proper polish or glaze though (before your LSP)

Comment

this works super well, its hard work but its really worth it in the end!
                  Derek Moseley
                  Alamo Industries

Comment

here are some videos showing how the pros use the clay. don't be affraid!

How to clay bar a vehicle. Hosted by Mike Phillips of Meguiar's.For the clay bar used in this video go here: http://goo.gl/cHLwW6

Demonstrates how to use a clay bar featuring Pinnacle's Ultra Poly Clay.
                    Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Clay barring for the win!

This is my car after clay barring and waxing:

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR for sale - $10,000 obo.

Comment

I tried Autoglym Wheel cleaner and Autoglym Hi-tech Wheel Brush on my set I Work Vs wheels I recently purchased off Yahoo auction. I'm super impressed with the results! It cleaned years of caked brake dust and road grime with very little effort! Good stuff,FYI!

My cars:
                        1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                        1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Working...
                        X