Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How-To: R32 Skyline LED Guage Cluster Conversion (Pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To: R32 Skyline LED Guage Cluster Conversion (Pics)

I figured I would start a seperate thread for this for the article itself, as that way those who do it can post their results here, and also those with any questions about it can post in here as well.

Mods: If this isn't the right section please feel free to move this to the appropriate section.

I just made a seperate page for the DIY that way you can print it off for handy reference if you choose to do it.

Thanks to 604R32 for providing some of the pics used (rear cluster and rear surround pics) as I didnt' take any as I was doing this and he already had some from his FS thread Thanks bud!

:shock:

niiiice!

Comment

Couldn't you just install all of the bulbs at the same time and check once for the bulbs that don't work, instead of having to do it five times over?

Also, are the center console bulbs the same size (the ones in the three guage cluster)?
      The GT-R is like a condom... It's better to have one and not need it then to need it and not have one!!

Comment

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in the article when I explain that part. What I meant to say was plug the 3 connectors in the back and keeping putting 1 bulb in at a time. There' enough room that you can keep the 3 connectors plugged in and keep popping bulbs in the back, so you don't have to actually undo the cluster everytime you put a bulb in.

REgarding the centre console guages, I don't actually know since I dont' have a GT-R. Perhaps someone with a GT-R could pop it out and tell us what bulb size they are (194 or 74) or maybe even another size.

Comment

Very very nice. Thank you for sharing. I have always been wanting to do the LED conversion and have seen the Japanese to change all the interior light sources. That's was very impressive.

Anyway, great job, well done. 8) --- time the put the sun glasses on...so so bright :wink:
          In the end the gov't will do as they please and if they do kill the 15 yr rule life will go on, and we will find other cars readily available to pour our hearts and wallets into. The Skyline is a great car, but its not the only one. It might be a case of easy come easy go.------------- JZ

Comment

Awesome work. Mango did as well with gauges and it looks awesome. Gonna have to do it too one of these days, time to add to the list....
            1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Thanks mcnab! Definitely something anyone can do, if they have the will. It's not something that requires a lot of skill. Thanks for the great How To!
              1987 Toyota Corolla GTS HB - My Baby
              1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Daily
              2011 Honda Ruckus - Project Bike
              Serial Nine.

Comment

Awesome

Is there any way you could post up a How-To for the HKS boost gauge led bulb replacement?

Comment

wow awesome!
                  Skyline.
                  Just drive it.

Comment

I love DIYs. Thanks another informative post! (re: detailing)

no worries regarding the pics, I'll help out the GTRC community anyway I can.
                    ~Tonee

Comment

You rock dude thx so much for all that

How come u didnt go for the 4 bulb LEDS?

Comment

I've used both the single LED's and the "4 LEDs" in several vehicles and I've found the single LED's to work better actually. You'll notice the ones I used have conical indent in them, this spreads the light out wider and it also comes out the sides as well. They spread the light out VERY well and the there's not one noticable hotspot in my conversion, that's why I opt'd for those.

Regarding the HKS Boost Guage replacement, I'll see if I can come up with a guide for those in a week or so. I'll just have to find a camera with macro mode so I can shoot the tiny little parts that you have to take off.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnab
                          Regarding the HKS Boost Guage replacement, I'll see if I can come up with a guide for those in a week or so. I'll just have to find a camera with macro mode so I can shoot the tiny little parts that you have to take off.
                          Fantastic, I look forward to that.

Comment

This is great! Moving to FAQ. Thanks for your hard work!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Who ever else is thinking of doing this, let me know and ill throw in some bucks to bring up to minimum order. Ill need 9 of them.

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

Working...
                              X