Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How-To: R32 Skyline LED Guage Cluster Conversion (Pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donk_316
    Who ever else is thinking of doing this, let me know and ill throw in some bucks to bring up to minimum order. Ill need 9 of them.
    I'll be doing this as well so you can count me in, once Greg gets back to me on a couple questions I asked.

Just a SUPER write up and conversion!
    RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
    Mods: A few things .
    Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

Wow!! super nice DIY

a reference for any other DIYs !!

thanks
      Marc-André
      _________
      2.2L RB20 GTS-T
      ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

do you know witch one I will need if I want to convert the tail lights with LED....and also can I make this in front for my DTL`s you know...between the corner lights and the projector

Comment

Who ever else is thinking of doing this, let me know and ill throw in some bucks to bring up to minimum order. Ill need 9 of them.
          Ok donk I'm in for 5 of the super white ones! Let me know how you to arrange this payment wise, shipping wise and so on. :wink:

Comment

At .89 cents each we need 1 or 2 more people to make the minimum order of $25 bucks

sidewazegtst - 5
            donk_316 - 9

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

The ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED. This group buy has ENDED

Please do not send any money! You will not be refunded! :P

Hi,
              I am organizing a group buy for '194' WEDGE 1-LED bulbs (12v gauge cluster lights) from http://www.superbrightleds.com, since there is a $25.00 USD minimum order.

If you want in, and have Paypal, please post here or send me a pm stating:

[1]- the colour and quantity you want
              [2]- your name and adress so i can subsequently mail your individual order out once i recieve the entire package
              [3]- payment via paypal, the pricing is as follows:
              $1 CND per bulb for RED, AMBER
              $2 CND per bulb for WHITE, BLUE, GREEN, VIOLET, UV-BLACKLIGHT.
              and then add +$3 CND on top of your order to cover paypal fee and shipping

These prices reflect the exchange rate any other incurred costs.

my verified paypal account is endless604@gmail.com (make sure you tell me your GTRC username in comments!).

I will be bringing these in via standard letter post, so it takes a bit, and then individually mailing them out should take another few days. As soon as our orders total more then $25, im sending it in! so don't wait too long

Comment

Good to see you guys getting a group buy on. I' already sold all the spare 194's I had to GTRC members.

Endless, the 194 bulbs I bought off SuperBrightLEDs.com were the $1.49 cent each ones. Also when doing the group buy, make sure you take into account that your paying for shipping TO your place, then paying for shipping to each individual location as well. I'd just hate to see you LOSE money when you were just trying to be helpfull.

Can't wait to see some of you guys post up pics when you finish the conversion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wakmen
                  do you know witch one I will need if I want to convert the tail lights with LED....and also can I make this in front for my DTL`s you know...between the corner lights and the projector
                  I don't reccomend using LED bulbs in your headlight housing. The heat generated will lead to premature failure of the LED bulb, and will also void any warranty you had.

Also, I woudln't be putting anything other than white in your headlight housing anyway. If you used Red, Blue or any other colour other than white it would be completely illegal. Check SuperBrightLEDS to see if they have any exterior LED bulbs rated specifically for situations where heat is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Endless604
                    Hi,
                    I am organizing a group buy for '194' WEDGE 1-LED bulbs (12v gauge cluster lights) from http://www.superbrightleds.com, since there is a $25.00 USD minimum order.

If you want in, and have Paypal, please post here or send me a pm stating:

[1]- the colour and quantity you want
                    [2]- your name and adress so i can subsequently mail your individual order out once i recieve the entire package
                    [3]- payment via paypal, the pricing is as follows:
                    $1 CND per bulb for RED, AMBER
                    $2 CND per bulb for WHITE, BLUE, GREEN, VIOLET, UV-BLACKLIGHT.

These prices reflect the exchange rate any other incurred costs.

my verified paypal account is endless604@gmail.com (make sure you tell me your GTRC username in comments!).

I will be bringing these in via standard letter post, so it takes a bit, and then individually mailing them out should take another few days. As soon as our orders total more then $25, im sending it in! so don't wait too long
                    Ok you can count me in ! I will PM you all my info and I am Verified through Paypal as well so payment will be instant. I guess we'll make a list here then,

1. sidewazegtst......... 5 x Super WHITE - PAID!

Comment

Your getting the wide angle ones right? SAME as shown in the begining of this thread?

If so, ill take 9 BLUE. Once you confirm that they are the same ones ill paypal.

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

is it possible to have the neddle another color(like Red)?

if so I think I woul dbe interested :P
                        Marc-André
                        _________
                        2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                        ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

^^^

Well one of the color's available is red,

*from Endless604's post*

"$1 CND per bulb for RED, AMBER
                          $2 CND per bulb for WHITE, BLUE, GREEN, VIOLET, UV-BLACKLIGHT."

:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by mcnab
                            Originally posted by wakmen
                            I don't reccomend using LED bulbs in your headlight housing. The heat generated will lead to premature failure of the LED bulb, and will also void any warranty you had.

Also, I woudln't be putting anything other than white in your headlight housing anyway. If you used Red, Blue or any other colour other than white it would be completely illegal. Check SuperBrightLEDS to see if they have any exterior LED bulbs rated specifically for situations where heat is an issue.
                            yea for the tail lights I mean it will be the same color but do you think it will be brighter (like a g35 slamming the brakes) also does your cluster is brighter or its the same brightness???

Comment

I'd say mine is equally as bright as before. No less or no more. It's just perfect for me.

Also regarding the LED Tails. Im pretty sure the tails would actually be dimmer than a stock incandesent bulb. It even says on the SBL site that one of one of the downfalls of LED's is their brightness.

They do, however, make very bright LED bulbs (in the 10,000 MCD range I believe). This is what they use on tractor trailer applications etc. You would have to see if you could find an outdoor rated bulb with a very high MCD range.

Comment

Your getting the wide angle ones right? SAME as shown in the begining of this thread?

If so, ill take 9 BLUE. Once you confirm that they are the same ones ill paypal.
                                yah, the flat nosed LED's with a dimple to help spread the light, so it doesn't create a brightspot on your gauges. same one's mcnab used at the beginning of the thread

Comment

Working...
                                X