Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How-To: R32 Skyline LED Guage Cluster Conversion (Pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

center guages on a GTR are 3 #74's, (at least thats what they are on my nismo replacements not sure about oem but i'd assume the same)

Comment

Here's some pics of mine

There is NO bleeding at all, the colour is crisp and sharp... but the pics were taken with a razr, so don't expect too much!

Comment

Nice! Glad to see some others did it. Very nice mod, looks like you were pleased with it. As I've said with mine, the colour is nice and bright, no "hotspots" and it produces a very nice hue of blue

Comment

has anyone tried this in amber? I am curious to see if it matches the JDM SIR II brightness..

Comment

tried this in amber and i think i bought the wrong bulb as mine is not bright enough..

Comment

wicked

Comment

Anyone up for another group buy?
                Tџяϊsмř

Comment

yea, i would be in, dont know what collour, green or ultra white,
                  any one know how green are the greens?

Comment

Anyone with a GTR and new lamps installed most likely noticed that there's 2 lower lamps which light up the 0 km/hr and the 0 RPM on the tach are still lit white if you got colors done. This is because the GTS doesn't have the same gauge cluster I guess. I went with red on my car and because everything was red and bright white in the bottom, which looked lame, I tried to install some (74-R which are the same as the center console lamps) but it actually made a hot spot that was twice as bright as the cluster lamps so in the end I simply removed the 2 lower lamps (they're in the blue holders at the bottom of the gauge cluster. I could be wrong but so far there's 3 GTRs that I've seen this issue... any one else got some feedback? The seller of they lamps doesn't own a GTR so he didn't know about this issue.
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

same here man, the nice write up was for a GTS so i only order the 5 bulbs for the cluster too. there are some different 74 LED bulbs out there that have refractors on the bulb itself to help spread the light. sadly they are $10 a piece, and still may not work. did you think the leds still weren't all that bright in the cluster? my center ones are nice and crisp just not the cluster ones
                      Tџяϊsмř

Comment

I have (3) #74 red (non inverted) leds left over from mine if anybody wants them $5 shipped PM me. I put the inverted #74 ones in my cluster and they were almost the same for the 2 hot-spots. It is always worse with red. Guys who did theirs blue dont seem to get the hotspots.

Comment

Mine are red, they turned out really nicely in the center cluster and not bad in the gauge cluster, a little dim but ok. It would have been nice to get some dim 74s but whatever. Maybe next time...
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
                            same here man, the nice write up was for a GTS so i only order the 5 bulbs for the cluster too. there are some different 74 LED bulbs out there that have refractors on the bulb itself to help spread the light. sadly they are $10 a piece, and still may not work. did you think the leds still weren't all that bright in the cluster? my center ones are nice and crisp just not the cluster ones
                            $10 each is alright with me, I just need the proper color and blend in. I found the gauge cluster to be dim, but I can live with it, I'll just need to install the proper (or close) 74s in the lower section.
                            No build thread.
                            1991 nissan
                            El terror

Comment

Done !

I just finished the conversion. Looks awesome. No hot spots or anything. Kinda hard to take pictures but here they are :

Main cluster:

Center cluster:

1990 Nismo GtR #283
                              354hp - 292 ft-lbs
                              -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

Looks Great !!
                                Marc-André
                                _________
                                2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                                ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Working...
                                X