No announcement yet.

SeaRail Shipping company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man, you are parking your car at the warehouse until friday?? oh man, storage fees!!!!!!! :-x :-x :-x
    Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

So i e-mailed Greg at Searail and he said that all cars shipped by searail are put in closed containers. So im not to worried about that. The one thing im worried about is Theft and when they move the car in and out of the container. its very easy to make a mistake at that point
      92,94,95 Honda Civic
      92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
      92,93 Nissan 180sx
      90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
        oh man, you are parking your car at the warehouse until friday?? oh man, storage fees!!!!!!! :-x :-x :-x
        no man they picked it up today so it should be all good, the train leaves on friday
        92,94,95 Honda Civic
        91 Nissan Skyline GTR
        92,93 Nissan 180sx
        89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

oh wait they pick it up tomorrow so theres another 15$ down the tube for nothing, maybe thell catch me a break since its a major pain in the arse to go pay for it 2 banks and a 15 minute car ride:hit_head:
          92,94,95 Honda Civic
          91 Nissan Skyline GTR
          92,93 Nissan 180sx
          89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Bad news:hit_head: So i just got home i opened my e-mails and i got one from Greg Dowler saying please call me regarding an issue with your car. The only things crossing my mind is did they **** it up or what, Im super pissed off and i swear is something happened to my car and they don't wanna pay for it ill be split some skulls im not happy right now:hit_head: :hit_head: :hit_head: :hit_head: :hit_head: :hit_head:
            92,94,95 Honda Civic
            91 Nissan Skyline GTR
            92,93 Nissan 180sx
            89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

good or bad?
              Chris

Comment

well for any future readers of this thread it looks like it's pretty clear they're not a good company to deal with. even people who haven't had problems don't want to use them again, that speaks pretty clearly of their operations.

Comment

Originally posted by starboy869 View Post
                  good or bad?
                  it turned out to be bad news, the window broke and it was all the way down so they couldnt close it, after making some phone calls they e-mailed me back and said they fixed it. At this point i think there really going the extra mile for me but i can only wait and see what my car looks like when i get it
                  92,94,95 Honda Civic
                  91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                  92,93 Nissan 180sx
                  89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

i got my car shipped from vancouver to toronto by searail as they were my customs brokers other option.... the thing is the car was working fine after the soil test and customs, but when it came to my door, they told me it doesnt start...
                    so they were kind enough to flatbed me the car the next day and so it was done, no problem. (aside from the flatbed driver was an idiot and released my car off the flatbed using gravity only not the big motorized chain)
                    Anyway thats nothing...
                    i got the car in my drive way, checked it out a little...and...
                    all my defi gauges were stolen, the stereo cd/md deck, the 4-point seatbelts even the shift knob! and the car wouldnt start because it was super flooded...like someone really held the starter...
                    my agent in vancouver said that my car was fine after the the customs clearance, and for sure the shift knob was there or else it would be horrible to drive....
                    and i tried claiming it back from searail, but they wouldnt grant me anything because i signed for it or some crap like that....

so check your car for anything wrong before signing anything....they were helpful all the way until i tried claiming stuff back from them...but i guess i was just happy to see my car in one piece....
                    the exterior was fine too... no extra dings or anything....

hope this helps a little...probably doesnt lift your hopes too much...

-mike

Comment

well to be honest i dont really have anything to steal on my car, unless your going to steal the car itself. Its pretty much bone dry on the stock department.
                      Overall Searail has gone the extra mile, they went out to the yard and fixed my window and now its working perfectly, i don't know about you but not alot of other shipping companies will do this. All i can hope for is a good train ride over to Montreal with no accidents or anything getting stolen. So far they have been really good so only time will tell for me :hit newb:
                      92,94,95 Honda Civic
                      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                      92,93 Nissan 180sx
                      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Originally posted by maiko12 View Post
                        and the car wouldnt start because it was super flooded...like someone really held the starter...
                        Sounds like fouled plugs, this is common especially in winter. Your car is started and stopped often and if it runs out of gas usually they just add the cheapest gas they have. Some cars will barely run on 87 octane, and if they do it's just a matter of time before the plugs foul up.

I don't think you can really blame anyone for that, it happens a lot and luckily the solution is just changing the plugs.
                        Christian of

Comment

searail

I went searail container
                          Supposedly you can track your order online... supposedly.
                          So instead I called them once a month but they were mysteriously never able to track my car. However it somehow arrived in fairly good condition and pretty much on time considering customs at xmas time.

There was plenty to steal... cd changer/dvd-hdd/MD deck with lcd screen/nismo knob.... but it all arrived safely. My only complaint is a few tiny dings on the hood (that could be fixed with a plunger) and a long dent with scratches that spans the entire roof of the car. I've seen this happen on another GTR so I think they strap down the cars with steel cables or something over the roof.

I would ship with them again... but only because I don't know of anyone better. And next time I'd get my importer to put something on the roof to protect it from those straps. Maybe a nice quilt:-P

Comment

they can track your car its not to hard, But im glad to hear of one person who said some good stuff about them lifts my confidence of the company. From what i know my car left this Friday which was yesterday, So i should get it by next week end or the Tuesday because there has to be a long week end but i can wait. So ill keep you posted on the situation at hand!
                            92,94,95 Honda Civic
                            91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                            92,93 Nissan 180sx
                            89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Working...
                            X