Your First Drive Home..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your First Drive Home..

Hey guys, i dont know if something like this has already been started but i wanted people to share some stories and feelings about the car on their first drive home.. i'll start off... i drove the car home last night from gabes at japaneseimports.ca, and got stuck in traffic for like 2 hours , however i stayed out and just drove around town aimlessly, i love this car hahah...

I flew out to calgary on a friday, started early morning drive saturday. Beautiful drive, sunny, light breeze, smiled all the way home. all 8 hours of it.(went through lethbridge) XD then i was late for work. My right arm was glowing quiet literally from all the sun exposer. lol.
    ~Soup!GTR~
    www.dodo-logic.ca

Comment

Baught my car from Gabe at J.I as well. Gabe dropped it off at the shop for me as my insurance company was being gay. SO The first time I would have driven it would be when I got plates on it. I drove for 9 hours that day. Visited all my friends and went everywhere and anywhere lol. I remember the first time i put it side ways hearing the turbo spool and blow off A big smile came on my face. Being 17 and paying for this car myself was a great sense of accomplishment.
      Steve
      P.S got any pics of your GTR would like to see what it looks like thanks
      You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

I picked up my car at a local dealer (in Japan), had never driven a GTR before, hadn't driven manual in 3 years.
        As soon as I get to the dealer the biggest snowstorm in 3 years hits us.
        Had to drive home on 255/35/18 tires in ankle deep snow, was crapping myself the entire way.
        Made it home safely (albeit a I left a few fishtail marks in the snow between the dealer and my house). After the snow melted I had a blast with it!
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

I picked the car up from a warehouse on Annacis Island on December 1st and it was snowing in the lower mainland that day. I drove my GTR to Volco tires and got some nice 235/45/17 Hankook Icebears put on and drove it home to Kamloops in about 5 hours. It was mostly crappy snowy weather but the car did fantastic and when I finally came into Kamloops and dropped by the car wash to spray it down I was excited to be home with it. Haven't driven it much since as it is in the shop getting the headlights modded for inspection. Hopefully be on the road for good next week. :drive:

Comment

Hmmm...I picked mine up in Vancouver. I don't much like driving there, but that was fine. After finally get back to the Island in it, I spent that next 6 hours pretty much just driving around in it, having a blast with a massive grin on my face.

I've been "excited" by most of my cars (ie the first time you get a new car). But I would have to say nothing compares to the fun and excitement I had when I first got my skyline. After waiting almost 3 months for it to ship and get over here, looking at a few auctions pics of it for that time, to finally get to drive it was unreal, I'll certainly never forget it.

Comment

I had never seen the car in person before, only pictures. On may 7th (2006) I flew from saskatchewan to BC where I saw my car in person for the first time at TSS. The first time i got into it, i didn't really fit (im 6'5), but with a bit of monkey work i figured out how to get in. Drove it on some secluded windy roads, and it was absolutely amazing, instantly fell in love.

Thats when i started my 3 day drive back to sask, got to know my car very well in 3 days, thats pretty much when i learned how to drive RHD properly. It was actually an added challenge since one of my coil packs died on the way home (passing semi's in the mountains in a RHD with 5 cylinders.. fun!)

Comment

trev, i ws at the shop on tuesday, was yours the black gtr?
                did you see my beautiful silver gtr in the corner of the shop?

cant wait to bring her home, but shes being stored at gabes till the weather gets better

Comment

My first ride was something bisarre.

Got the car at 2:00pm went to the nearest gas station filled it up & was on my way back to Calgary from Spruce Groove. I'm almost in Edmonton when the car starts sphuttering like mad to a point where I can barely keep the car running. I get to west ed mall turn into the parking lot trying to find somewhere to park & it dies. I pushed it to a parking stall & called Will @ JDM connection told him whats up so we get a tow truck sorted. The car is towed to his shop in Edmonton were we find out the fuel pump is failing so we drive the car back to spruce groove with a mallet in hand (giving the fuel pump a good knock every couple minutes to get it goin again). So now the fuel pump is swapped with one from his parts car & its about 9:30pm. Now I have a 3 journey home in pitch black without a radio, but it was a good cruize home barely anyone on the roads.
                  98 Aristo - V300 Vertex
                  93 Skyline GTR - SOLD
                  92 4dr Skyline GTS-T - SOLD
                  92 Skyline GTS-T - SOLD
                  90 Skyline GTS-T - SOLD

Comment

I had never been in or even realy seen one in person before..
                    Went to Fraser warfs, picked it up.. drove home in rush hour traffic.. It was very exciting.. lol.
                    Went to all my friends houses to show it off right away..
                    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

My drive home was about 3 hours. Car was faulty plated, uninsured, and had a cracked winshield, so it was risky as hell, but I made it. Got tons of looks on the highway, one from an oriental (I am assuming Japanese) man who loved the car and was waving and thumbs uping me. Another was an entire family staring and waving. Other than that there was a couple convo's at a tim hortens and a gas station. Great ride home overall.
                      - K a t e ' says:
                      thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
                      - Jared -
                      women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

haha, niiiice (Y)

Comment

Originally posted by TrevoR32 View Post
                          Hey guys, i dont know if something like this has already been started but i wanted people to share some stories and feelings about the car on their first drive home.. i'll start off... i drove the car home last night from gabes at japaneseimports.ca, and got stuck in traffic for like 2 hours , however i stayed out and just drove around town aimlessly, i love this car hahah...
                          i got yours beat. lol. ask gabe what happened when i first drove mine home. he was there for the whole thing. hehehe. if im not too lazy ill post it up when i get home.
                          Devil R sponsored by:
                          Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

hahah im down for the story, Gabes an awesome guy, i wanted to celebrate after so him and i went out for all you can eat sushi before i went home lol. i will try to post some pics when i clean it up, i feel awful driving it in the winter but what can you do right.:hit newb:

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                              trev, i ws at the shop on tuesday, was yours the black gtr?
                              did you see my beautiful silver gtr in the corner of the shop?

cant wait to bring her home, but shes being stored at gabes till the weather gets better
                              ya that was mine, lol i think i was there the day u were looking at yours? i love these cars, like ive been in a lot of fast cars but this is just so exciting haha. and ya your gtr looked sick, there was barely any room to move in the shop with all the rx7s and skylines around haha

Comment

Working...
                              X