No announcement yet.

Your First Drive Home..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picked mine up off a buddy live an hour away. Coils were shot, stock boost would make it sputter like mad. Almost hit a dead deer lying in the middle of the road

Comment

I took the bus/skytrain to annacis island. had to walk 20 mins from the gate to the main office -_-

got there, battery was dead.

somebody was kind enough to jump it

was idling really rough so i was like FML my skline is F'd

started driving home. Stalled it on the #1 , launched 2nd gear.

everybody was hating on my JDM
      tow truck, 100 bucks
      got home charged the battery, idles perfectly i was a pretty happy kid lol

Comment

Well my first ride was WICKED for the thirty seconds it lasted..... I rolled the car out of the Dyno bay, when across the street to put thirty premium in it, roll out of the gas station, hit it, lit up the tires, let off, slowly got into it again, lit up the tires..... shifted to second, got into it pretty good expecting it to hook up.... it didn't. LOL. I had a pretty big smile at this point, turned around and rolled back to the shop, at which point a woman was freaking out at Ryan..... Saying I was a F***'n Idiot.... I got out of the car, I tried to apologize.... She said I wasn't sorry... and called me a F***'n idoit and that she was calling the police..... I laughed and said go ahead, you can't ruin my day now, with a S**t grin. I drove the car back into the dyno bay.....

Twenty minutes later, the police showed up, he laughed when I told him what happened, he asked to see the car, he had a drag car of his own. Perfect, No tickets only high fives.

I love my car.

Comment

Hey All, I got my first 1990 skyline GTR yesterday. Drove it home from Toronto to Hamilton during a snowstorm lol. Scariest drive ever!!!
          500bhp in snow is retarted but surprizingly the car handled very well. I love the sound of the hks 2530 when they spool . Got into hamilton took the car to the carwash to get the salt off.
          Then parked it in my garage for the season. Can't wait till spring .

Forgot to mention, I was totally tripped out the first time I looked out the right window when I went to check my rearview lol. What a EPIC car
          Last edited by LittleDevilCRX; 12-08-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

my first drive home the gtr smelled like fuel everywhere but fixed it....all fuel hoses cracked but i new that already when i bought it and was minor fix
            Toy: BNR32
            DD: R50

Comment

Bought my car from tiger japanese auto parts.

Didn't make it home before it blew up.
              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post

oh god people actually bought Tiger cars?

Comment

Haha funny story.
                  I thought I needed a new summer car so I headed to JDM in Calgary and picked up a 4 door sexy blue beast
                  Never EVER driven stick before... Haha but I operate alot of machinery That I always pick up the first time, so I thought standard would be the same , not quite. I went to pick up a heavvvvvvy moded Silvia but..... Let's not go there haha!

So from calgary to edmonon let's say I stalled maby 30 times haha and took a exit and ended up down a 1 way so I learned reverse very quick lmao!

Comment

picked up my car and while stopped at a red light people started asking me questions and on my way home on the highway i stopped to get gas and as leaving the parking lot pulling onto the highway with my gf following me let the clutch out and gave little bit of gas and the car went sideways haha greatest feeling ever
                    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

saw an r32 gtr in person in 05, decided to get a gtst cause I was a brokeass.
                      ship arrived.
                      called in sick to work
                      went with a buddy to fraser wharves who was picking up a 320 on the same boat
                      my car turned out to be the only pristine example in the yard so I felt even better
                      got half way home, and greddy water gauge was climbing fast, had to let her cool down for a bit, dumped in some water, caught the ferry and enjoyed tearing up island backroads until the wee hours of the morning... Plan to do this exact same thing minus the mishaps this upcoming friday with the 4door, hopefully my white man frame fits in the little man seat.
                      Last edited by Chewy; 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM.
                      1/1_Scale
                      パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Gosh ! after reading back through all of these i miss my skyline ..... i sold her two years ago and actually i dont think i have been on this site since or very rarely .. i miss skylines so much and every time i see my old baby driving around here it breaks my heart ... on that note i think i might just have to buy another one this summer .. many r33 gtrs in pristine condition modded kicking around here in canada these days or later r32 (perfer) Gtr's built and reliable ? I think i need to start reading around the site again to se if all of the old fellas are still around ...
                        cheers guys and enjoy !

1989 skyline gts-t .. the slut ..

Comment

I had my car towed from its sitting location to my local Nissan shop so it could be put on the ramps for an inspection. The brake rotors and pads badly needed to be replaced, but the rust was low and besides a few small things it was in decent shape. But I didn't want to risk a nasty fender bender so I had it towed from the Nissan dealership back to my house. The first few weeks we replaced the pads and rotors and I finally got the chance to drive my baby.

That same day I let my brother take the car for a little rip so I could get a video. The sound still gives me a shivver!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terrh

oh god people actually bought Tiger cars?
                            do they sell sh1t cars?

Comment

Well took two flights to get to my destination. Ears were ringing couldn't hear a thing and my whole body felt like death. lol. And not really looking forward to a 24 hour drive home. lol.

Anyways once I saw my car, I was instantly in awe. I was very happy.

Drive up down to the Ferry(sp) was amazing since there wasn't much traffic...then once I hit the Highway 1 and it was just jammed during rush hour and it was a day before the long weekend (for easter). Then I started driving through the mountains and the view was amazing and all. Lots of curves. and Just in awe since I've never been in BC.

Then, it started getting dark...and stress level just shot through the roof cause it started to snow heavily and the roads were icy and wet out of nowhere. Cars were driving around 40km-60km so I just followed and used the cars in front as guides...anyways, after that hell. I got into Kamloops and thinking I was very lucky to make it out of there. So I just decided to hit up a motel.

The next day, it was just gorgeous...15 degress, sunny, no clouds on sight. It was an amazing drive......then 2 hours b4 hitting my final destination......got pulled over by cops...they were pretty cool about everything. just general questions.....cause I came from BC, and looking so tired, eyes all red they probably were thinking im a drug dealer and asking a bunch more stuff.

after that gong-show my beast finally got me home safely with no troubles.

Now I realized that these cars are basically priceless,,,cause of the **** ppl have to go through to get em. lol.

Tips: If u can afford to ship the car to your house...it would be the best way to go. And GPS is a must specially if u've never traveled or know the place well.

***sorry if my spelling or grammar...my heads still ringing from the ups and down of the BC hills. lol. and still feel like ****. it's 9am

R33 GTR V-spec

Stats on the drive home:
                              5- thumbs ups
                              lots of stares
                              3- gas station questions about the car
                              1- pulled over by the PIGS
                              Fuel Cost over 600 (approx)
                              Last edited by surfer; 04-23-2011, 11:20 AM.
                              "Okay, were gonna play a little game called...Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

Comment

bump this up from the dead if new people want to contribute?

Comment

Working...
                                X