Your First Drive Home..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My drive is in the first part of my project thread. "Addiction"

GTA to newfoundland in 2 days with the wife, had a blast and by far the best drive we've had yet!
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

My first drive was an experience lol. Went to Edson from Edmonton one weekend to look at the car. I can tell it needed some work but the previous owner assured me that the engine was strong (supposedly rebuilt). After a mild test drive down a back road, we agreed on a price and set pick up date for next weekend. Drove back the next weekend with a friend and the money. Rechecked everything just to be sure (saw battery was changed to a small honda like battery) and went on another test drive, this time giving it the juice. Couldn't stop smiling as he signed the car over and I handed him the money. Put the dealer plates on, stopped for gas at Husky, put about half tank 94 and went on our way.

About 80km in, the car started sputtering...then it died. Tried restarting but felt like not enough juice. Pushed it off the road to a abandoned gas station and popped the hood. Went for jumper cables in my friends car...no cables. Had to drive about 20km in opposite direction to a cluster of gas stations. Bought cables and a few hand tools. Back to the car, hooked up the cables. Started. Took off the cables...died. Bad alternator. The rest of the trip consisted of stopping every 20km to charge the battery via the jumper cables and stopping for Shell 91 along the way. One time. we were coming up to a large hill and was nearing the recharge time of 20km (it would die every 20km). So I mashed the gas and hit about 160 and made it up the hill. Sure enough as soon as I hit the top, it started sputtering. Made it to a range road nearby for charging. About a minute later, RCMP comes flying by. My friend and I looked at each other and laughed. Made it to Spruce Grove, stopped at Crappy tire and bought new battery. Made it back to Edmonton with that new battery.

Ordered new alternator. Car sat until it arrived (about 2 weeks). Installed it and took it out for a rip. I was in love lol. Thats when I noticed misfires and hunting idle...and the project begins lol.

Comment

Working...
      X