How awesome is a stock gtr32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How awesome is a stock gtr32?

My nephew is looking to get either a 300zx/FairladyTT or an R32 Gtr.
    Both of us have no real experience with either.
    Is the Gtr blowing away the 300zx, or is it close (0-60 mainly)
    Everyone here is talking mods to their Gtrs, but isn't is really hot in stock form??

Originally posted by titaniumrings View Post
    My nephew is looking to get either a 300zx/FairladyTT or an R32 Gtr.
    Both of us have no real experience with either.
    Is the Gtr blowing away the 300zx, or is it close (0-60 mainly)
    Everyone here is talking mods to their Gtrs, but isn't is really hot in stock form??
    GTRs and 300ZXs are shitty. Buy a Civic. :hit newb:
    Dimitri Marshall
    :drive:
    -----------------
    PARTS FOR SALE. RB26DETT: INJECTORS, COIL PACKS, IGNITOR, GENUINE NISSAN GASKET/REBUILD KIT. TAKING ALL REASONABLE OFFERS.

Comment

it is a 4x4 with stock suspension.

actually, power wise you could have a lot of fun in stock form around the track if you beefed the suspension up.

Comment

Originally posted by gunner_imports View Post
        GTRs and 300ZXs are shitty. Buy a Civic. :hit newb:
        and i get bitched at for being mean... lol

300zx is a big car

gtr's are the **** so basically.. buy a gtr

Comment

So are they startling in their accelleration?
          Coming from a regular car, are they freakily quick?
          And the stock suspension is too soft??

Comment

depends what u want the car for?
            daily?
            track?
            both?

Comment

Daily street only. but hot times occationally.....

Comment

I wouldn't say freakishly quick, but pretty quick especially if you're coming from a more sedate people hauler.
                1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
                  I wouldn't say freakishly quick, but pretty quick especially if you're coming from a more sedate people hauler.
                  I have seen very varied 0-60 times posted for the R32.
                  Anywhere from 4.7 to 5.8 sec.
                  Can it hang with a Wrx Sti, for an example?
                  How much a difference is it when you go to 14psi? (1 bar)

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkylines View Post
                    and i get bitched at for being mean... lol
                    Sorry, just playing around . I would recommend a GTR over a 300zx. My buddy imported a 300 the same time I brough over my GTR. GTRs have better accelleration (especially in rain), they are lighter, and they are half the price to insure (in BC anyway).

I'm running pretty much stock with the exception of my turbos which run at 14psi and I'd say it's pretty quick. Probably one of the slowest GTRs on this site, but still pretty quick. Most people get used to the speed pretty quick though and need to make it faster 8-) .

Good luck .
                    Dimitri Marshall
                    :drive:
                    -----------------
                    PARTS FOR SALE. RB26DETT: INJECTORS, COIL PACKS, IGNITOR, GENUINE NISSAN GASKET/REBUILD KIT. TAKING ALL REASONABLE OFFERS.

Comment

300zx's are boats. You don't want one, get a GTR. The cars are not even in the same class, you can't compare them.

TROL

Comment

[QUOTE=VicSkylines;301772]and i get bitched at for being mean... lol

300zx is a big car

gtr's are the **** so basically.. buy a gtr[/QUOTE/

The 300 has no passenger space so if your a 5 foot asian dude your fine to drive the car other wise stick with the Gtr.
                        There both amazing cars in performance and looks but the GTR takes the cake
                        92,94,95 Honda Civic
                        92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
                        91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                        92,93 Nissan 180sx
                        90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
                        89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

WOW a thread I can contribute to!

I have both a 1990 300ZXTT and a GTR R32 and I can say the cars a very similar in power close to each other in weight and both have positive styling attributes. To me the Z is a sports car or technically a sports touring car the aftermarket is so open in the US it's insane!! The Skyline is so unique but to me it looks more like a 2 door sedan.

Females tend to be more drawn to my Z because they don't know what a Skyline is usually nor do they care. In fact one thought it was a Mustang because it has GT on the fenders. :-? In fact we were joking the other day calling my Skyline "The man magnet" because only dudes know what it is. And vendors keep coming out with more and more for Z yet today. Where the Skyline's after market is in Japan not North America.

In stock form I think they have very similar acceleration unless "yes" it's raining or you have crappy tires on the Z. The Z has oversteer in a mildly modified state the Skyline has torque steer but a more reassuring planting of the car.(The front end jumping up with the rear end squatting still seems weird though-like an old muscle car)

Now beyond that I can't compare my Z is making 558 WHP on the stock block and heads running some GT28RS and new manifolds that just came out last year. Tein coilovers and AP Racing 14" rotors. My Skyline is barely modified with exhaust, boost controller, and Mine's ECU. So it's not even a fair comparison. Yes the Skyline has a back seat for hauling your friends and the Z...well just enough room for a player and his freak.

The Skyline is easier to work on but harder to get parts (the Z vise versa).

Honestly man, I love both. Both can be Romulated to tune with similar programs through burning Eproms. Both can use the same aftermarket turbos and same sized brake pads. And both are unique in their own way.

Like someone else said what are you looking for in a car?

BTW I'm 6'3" and I fit great in my Z in fact some Z guys are 6'5" so it has lots of room on the drivers side. And the Z's a big car? It's shorter than my Skyline from what I can tell?
                          More POWAH=More PWNAGE!

"The tires are spinning like crazy so the car is highly motivated"

Comment

they're both awesome.

And they're both impossible to work on.
                            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Ah can you just marvel how nissan produce two magnificient cars in the z32 and r32? I'd always consider the z32 more of luxury end gt car with its leather seats and good looking contours. But, when you look at a skyline, you can see this car was built up to be a racing car with the wing spoiler, racing seats and additional gauges. Both cars can be modded out. I think it all comes down on if you want a rwd v6 or a awd inline 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X