No announcement yet.

How awesome is a stock gtr32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plain and simple ... GTR's ARE Awesome, rumor has it makes your dank bigger too! 8-)
    1990 Skyline GTR Nismo Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by KEZAR32 View Post
      Plain and simple ... GTR's ARE Awesome, rumor has it makes your dank bigger too! 8-)
      Its TRUE!! i was told it would grow 4 inches when i bought my gtr, and it did.

now i dont pee on my balls anymore

Comment

LMAO, HAHAHA.
        1990 Skyline GTR Nismo Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumrings View Post
          the old muscle car stuff costs more to deal with and handles like crap.
          The GTR is virtually as quick and is much better in vehicle dynamcs.
          Thats what I meant. Walk in the park!
          Do not kid yourself about muscle car costing more. They cost a hell of a lot less to get them going fast. Handling good is quit another story though.

Comment

Originally posted by Insta_AxE_Toast View Post
            Do not kid yourself about muscle car costing more. They cost a hell of a lot less to get them going fast. Handling good is quit another story though.
            they only cost less if you already have the car and its in decent shape...

otherwise you are looking to spend around 25k to start for the car, then another 10k to make it go fast and another 5k to make it handle not like a giant boat... and however much more on making it look good

where as you can buy a GTR for 17,500, and throw 10k into it and it will out handle and out perform a muscle car, mostly because alot of GTR's have already had some kind of midification to them...

so a muscle car will cost you over 40,000 and a GTR will cost you less than 40,000 really easy to see how it works
            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
            \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
              they only cost less if you already have the car and its in decent shape...

otherwise you are looking to spend around 25k to start for the car, then another 10k to make it go fast and another 5k to make it handle not like a giant boat... and however much more on making it look good

where as you can buy a GTR for 17,500, and throw 10k into it and it will out handle and out perform a muscle car, mostly because alot of GTR's have already had some kind of midification to them...

so a muscle car will cost you over 40,000 and a GTR will cost you less than 40,000 really easy to see how it works
              I have over 15G into the motor alone, and it still is only a single 4 barrel stock 426 hemi making maybe 425hp. I'm too scared to rev it over 6 grand though, due to the cost! The gas is outrageous! I used to be one of the hemi faithful, but it hasn't done me any favors in return!

Comment

The cars were designed for different environments like Japanese cars
                for small roads, city, motorway. American cars were designed for open
                road use and long trips hence they had to be reliable (big capacity V8
                motor) and big to allow for more foot room, etc.

To be fair, compare them at what they both can do, which is dragracing.

Downunder they have Imports vs V8 -

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

It seems that V8's have always won Drag Masters but Imports are
                catching up.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I have over 15G into the motor alone, and it still is only a single 4 barrel stock 426 hemi making maybe 425hp. I'm too scared to rev it over 6 grand though, due to the cost! The gas is outrageous! I used to be one of the hemi faithful, but it hasn't done me any favors in return!

How do you have 15k into a 426 hemi and are only making that much HP? Stock 426 hemi's had that much power.

As for the other guy I am simply talking about 1/4 mile performance. It will cost you alot less to get a nice low eta with a muscle car. Hell you can go buy a crate engine that runs 1000Hp on pump gas for 18k. To get that kind of power out of a skyline will cost you a hell of alot more. I am not saying that muscle cars are better, they are just cheaper for drag racing.

Comment

How do you have 15k into a 426 hemi and are only making that much HP? Stock 426 hemi's had that much power.

As for the other guy I am simply talking about 1/4 mile performance. It will cost you alot less to get a nice low eta with a muscle car. Hell you can go buy a crate engine that runs 1000Hp on pump gas for 18k. To get that kind of power out of a skyline will cost you a hell of alot more. I am not saying that muscle cars are better, they are just cheaper for drag racing.
                    I didn't have the hemi motor b4.
                    That is what it cost to just build a pretty much stock one...

Comment

Ahhhhh that makes a whole lot more sense. Did you build it or get a crate engine?

Comment

Ahhhhh that makes a whole lot more sense. Did you build it or get a crate engine?
                        built it

Comment

I'd still love a 540...don't know what I would put it in, but I know I want one...

Oooo...actually, a Cammer! That has always been my dream engine.
                          "If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate." <Zapp Brannigan>

Comment

You can get into an over-priced mopar 528 crate for that price.

Should have built an RB. the big block RB
                            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                            It'll run someday

Comment

or build an LS1.

I can't believe how cheap they are.

starting from scratch:

BRAND NEW BLOCK (fully machined) $800
                              brand new performance heads $1200 (fully assembled, ready to bolt on)
                              forged pistons $600, forged rods $600, etc

I shoulda figured out how to attach an RB26 oil pan to one..........

Anyways, my point is this.. old muscle can be expensive (except chevy), but new muscle is cheap.
                              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

What's all this jibber jabber? You guys talkin' a different language.
                                ~Tonee

Comment

Working...
                                X