How to Identify a true R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deliberate32 View Post
    Don't for get the steering wheel is on the left hand side in a GTR as opposed to a GTS.
    WTF? :hit_head:
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

lol /sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkice View Post
        Ah yes yes very true but the R32 GTR and the R34 GTR are the only 2 cars i plan to own even tho i dont kno much about skylines thats why i am on this forum reading and learning about them =] i dont mind how much money i spend because i kno it'll be worth it
        So you don't know anything about the cars and you plan on relying on one as a daily driver? I guess you have enough money to own two. Don't get me wrong now, there are many members of this board who dd their cars but I think you are living a pipe dream. Don't go saying that you don't mind how much it'll cost until you are into yours for $25-30k+ in parts and labour and it's not tuned yet. Or painted for that matter. GTRs are project cars, very expensive project cars for uncompromising people. We would all rather urge you to rethink buying one on a whim to spare ourselves listening to you snivel about everything that goes wrong and how much it costs to fix. This is just collective experience talking. Good luck with your prospective purchase and be sure to do a lot of reading before asking to be spoon-fed information. Cheers.
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dough View Post
          well, I could identify the rb26dett, and look for a BNR32 (in various places, not certain where, but the blue plate thing oughta help) but i wasnt too sure about other things, like aluminum hood, gauges, center console gauges

This is why i am here! Wouldn't you rather have me ask a bunch of noob questions now rather than join the forums announcing that i have a "GTR" and post pics of something with not even the right engine?!

what are the stock wheels? chunky 5 spokes?
          Stock wheels are chunky 5-spokes, but they are on GTS-T's as well. You can't really tell a difference unless you look at the width/offset of them.
          1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
          It'll run someday

Comment

bah lol you people are exadurating just a little bit :P ive had my GTR for almost 3 years now and the only problem i ever had was rebuilding a brake master cylinder which came to like 250$. they arent as fragile as you think unless of course you buy one that is junk or abuse the sh*t out of it. Then again i dont daily drive it and it sleeps in the garage all winter and comes out once or twice a week for racing or cruising in the summer. I would just say make sure you go with someone who knows the car well if you insist on buying one soon or just import one off adam@feast. he wont sell you junk and is excellent to deal with. Be prepared to pay about 110$ per fill up and get 450km per tank (which is why i dont DD it lol) in the end in encourage you to buy a GTR. its nice to see some young people getting the dream cars early (as long as they arent retards on the road) i wish i could of got mine in HS :P

Comment

GTR Rims are charcoalish color, and GTS rims are silver.

Comment

GTS-Ts look more dinky and less badass than GT-Rs
                90 GT-R / 95 Delica

Comment

a GTR is awd .... ? lol
                  - K a t e ' says:
                  thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
                  - Jared -
                  women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
                    It's not one of those cars you buy off the lot with 0 problems and never worry about a thing. It's the kind of car you carry around an emergency Nissan Mechanic in the trunk.

Yes you brought up the nissan mechanic in the trunk! Dont forget about Nissan's SPECAIL GOLD GTR TOOL SET which you need to have for all the bolts that aren't metric or standard (or for all the bolts that you just cant reach). These tools were crafted my nissan themselves SPECIFICALLY for the GTR and will only work on a GTR.

Kelaog's garage = Good times

Comment

Originally posted by HTR-Maniac View Post
                      bah lol you people are exadurating just a little bit :P ive had my GTR for almost 3 years now and the only problem i ever had was rebuilding a brake master cylinder which came to like 250$. they arent as fragile as you think unless of course you buy one that is junk or abuse the sh*t out of it. Then again i dont daily drive it and it sleeps in the garage all winter and comes out once or twice a week for racing or cruising in the summer. I would just say make sure you go with someone who knows the car well if you insist on buying one soon or just import one off adam@feast. he wont sell you junk and is excellent to deal with. Be prepared to pay about 110$ per fill up and get 450km per tank (which is why i dont DD it lol) in the end in encourage you to buy a GTR. its nice to see some young people getting the dream cars early (as long as they arent retards on the road) i wish i could of got mine in HS :P
                      I definitely didn't buy a junk GTR and mine blew the motor in about 4000 KM's of me getting it.

You're one of the lucky few that hasn't had a lot of problems. How many people on here have missfires, crunching syncros, boost leaks, blown turbos, spun bearings, etc. Lots.
                      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                      It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                        If you can't identify it, you shouldn't be driving it.

Good Game

1990 Pearl White GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Connor View Post
                          So you don't know anything about the cars and you plan on relying on one as a daily driver? I guess you have enough money to own two. Don't get me wrong now, there are many members of this board who dd their cars but I think you are living a pipe dream. Don't go saying that you don't mind how much it'll cost until you are into yours for $25-30k+ in parts and labour and it's not tuned yet. Or painted for that matter. GTRs are project cars, very expensive project cars for uncompromising people. We would all rather urge you to rethink buying one on a whim to spare ourselves listening to you snivel about everything that goes wrong and how much it costs to fix. This is just collective experience talking. Good luck with your prospective purchase and be sure to do a lot of reading before asking to be spoon-fed information. Cheers.
                          No, I am not living a pipe dream. First i will not rethink of buying one thank you. and i never said i would snivel about everything that goes wrong. we have a local shop specifically for skylines. Everyone started out SOMEWHERE and Project car or DD car i dont care as long as i get a GTR im happy with it. Don't crush other pplz dreams. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Darkice View Post
                            No, I am not living a pipe dream. First i will not rethink of buying one thank you. and i never said i would snivel about everything that goes wrong. we have a local shop specifically for skylines. Everyone started out SOMEWHERE and Project car or DD car i dont care as long as i get a GTR im happy with it. Don't crush other pplz dreams. thank you
                            Read my post a little more carefully please. These aren't cars that you should buy just because you think it's a good idea at the time. I never said you would snivel at all the little problems, but how exactly are we supposed to distinguish you from all those who came before you in the same manner? It's not my job description to think you're as special as you do. You started off asking why not to buy one, I provided insight to that effect. Keep your eyes open and don't blind yourself to the fact that GTRs can be bottomless pits for your money and time. While most are well kept as is mandated in Japan, most are still victims of abuse to some extent. You're dealing with the leftovers of someone else's boy-racer fantasies and an ocean separates you from the douche who bagged on it last. Grow some thicker skin and understand that I'm simply laying out all the bad news to make sure you heard it.
                            There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

justlet him buy one and learn the hard way (if hes unfortunate enough for it to come to that - maybe he'll be one of the lucky few who get one with no problems for some time)

live and learn

Comment

Owning a GT-R isn't like owning one in Gran Turismo..unless you know what you're doing, or really lucky, you will regret owning a car like this as your first car. Maybe start out with something a little more practical. Being able to afford buying the car is only half the story.
                                03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Working...
                                X