Gts Dd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gts Dd

Hey guys, like the title says Im looking into a R32 GTS-t as a dialy driver and I was wondering what kinda milage you guys get and reliability. And since they are imports how are parts on them? both OEM and aftermarked, overpriced or fair?

Im selling off my 3000GT because of high insurance and its to flashy so it gets lots of attention including the bad kind. A R32 is still a good looking car and I have always found them to be attractive.
    1 more thing, how are they in the snow?

Thanks for the info.
    91 Stealth twin turbo
    95 3000GT Pearl Yellow SOLD

Expect less then 20 MPG in the city. I would call it more flashy then the 3000GT so car theft is always a fear. Get a good alarm. For the most part if you are nice to them they will treat you right. I DD my GTR but it's hella stock.
    2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
    2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
    1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

I daily drive my GTS-t. I figured out MPG one day, since I was contemplating selling it and buying something more affordable. I get 21 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, 26 mpg city/ highway.
      Some of the OEM parts are fairly expensive compared to their CDM counterparts, but the aftermarket parts are usually priced pretty well, depending on where you go.
      For the snow, just buy a good set of snow tires and stick something heavy in the trunk. It's still pretty bad, but as long as you take it easy and don't drift every corner you'll be fine. For the attention it gets, it just depends where you live. In the lower mainland there's so many that most people don't pay much attention to me.
      I've had my car for over a year and haven't had any problems with reliability.
      Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

You will not be able to drive it in the winter. It's a real B*****. Get a winter beater.

Comment

If you're selling a 3000GT due to insurance....you don't want a Skyline. Especially in Ontario.

Trust me, call around.

Rick
          '89 GTST - SOLD
          '92 GTR
          '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
          '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

I drive my gtst every day, winter rain snow any weather...I dont care....she handes it like a cham....i never got stuck in the winter time, and i live in a place where 5 months of a year theres snow here.....snow was up to my bumper and she got out just fine. I've never calculated the mileage but its not the greatest...if ur looking to save gas id go for a civi.

Comment

just about any car sucks in winter without SNOW tires. My GTS-t was no issue but my GTS-4 I couldn't get to slip, it just destroyed the snow.
              The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Amen to snow tires. I watched a rally prepped CA powered 300whp 240sx run Rally of the Tallpines and it did fairly well. Some good tires and rust prep and there is no reason a GTS-t can't be a good car in the winter. Obviously the person behind the wheel has a big impact on how well a car performs in the winter as well.
                '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I didnt want to get an econobox since a downgrade like that would be unbarable. Didn't want to keep the 3000gt because FWD is no fun and I can make a profit off it. I will have to live with whatever car I get until I get my own place after university.
                  I will call insurance before I make a buy but I think it should be fine. They quoted me $240 full coverage a month for a twin turbo 3000gt. I dont think a Skyline will be much worse.
                  Only question that has not been answered is how hard is it to get parts and are the prices reasonable.
                  91 Stealth twin turbo

Comment

Call any nissan dealership for OEM parts, usually takes around 2 weeks. Prices are fairly expensive for stock parts, I think an oil filter cost me 20 bucks, I can't remember for sure though.
                    Lots of parts are interchangeable with other nissans, like 240sx and z32s. Im pretty sure an 89-94 240sx oil filter works for skylines.
                    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501
                      Thanks for the responses. I didnt want to get an econobox since a downgrade like that would be unbarable. Didn't want to keep the 3000gt because FWD is no fun and I can make a profit off it. I will have to live with whatever car I get until I get my own place after university.
                      I will call insurance before I make a buy but I think it should be fine. They quoted me $240 full coverage a month for a twin turbo 3000gt. I dont think a Skyline will be much worse.
                      Only question that has not been answered is how hard is it to get parts and are the prices reasonable.

It's not really the issue of cost of the insurance, it's getting it to begin with.

A lot of places seem to be ignorant when pricing them out, due to the short VIN, so they just say "no we don't insure those".
                      Even some companies that members here are already with, are saying no to new polices with Skylines, or JDM vehicles in general.
                      Just make sure you find a company that WILL insure it before you buy, and I would get it in writing so you're not left out in the cold after you purchase.

Also, parts are not that bad. As was stated, many parts interchange with the 300ZX/240SX.
                      If not, any part you need from Japan is only 5 days away via the good guys like Adam @ Feast, or Daryl @ Tunerlab.

Rick
                      '89 GTST - SOLD
                      '92 GTR
                      '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                      '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

dude, you'll be fine. just maintain it and don't beat on it too much.

change the oil, fuel filter etc. and have fun. Oh, and change your O2 sensor, I was seeing 500kms+ tank sometimes (commuting, with not boosting).

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                          dude, you'll be fine. just maintain it and don't beat on it too much.

change the oil, fuel filter etc. and have fun. Oh, and change your O2 sensor, I was seeing 500kms+ tank sometimes (commuting, with not boosting).
                          Thats impressive dude. I never got more than like 375 on a tank commuting. I do go up some pretty big hills though everyday.

Comment

How much should I expect to pay for a decent single turbo gts? A local importer has a low milage (46k) one for $7k. I've seen alot of other GTS's for less but higher milage. Good buy?
                            Oh and Tiger Japanese should I stay away from them? They have a GTR in the 8k range.
                            91 Stealth twin turbo

Comment

8k gtr.. I would stay away from that.

Personally I wouldn't buy a gtr without a rebuilt motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X