Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat belts from other cars that fit skylines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another reason Manitoba sucks.

TROL

Comment

lol +1 on that!
      Originally posted by Paradis
      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

+2.......
        NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

+3 yo!

Comment

Ya it's an old thread, I guess every province has its "thing" to fack with RHDs, and this is Manitobas way.
            Ours is insurance.
            This is all horse crap anyways. The federal law does state that that vehicles falling under the 15 year law are EXEMPT from these stupid "DOT" or "CMVSS" rules. These vehicles obiously werent death traps in their countries...
            They still need to pass provincial SAFETY standards, which we all know they do with flying colours compared to NA cars.....so the provinces start MAKING UP their own pointless shite.

Example #1...the N1 headlights on my GTST are FAR better to drive with at night than the projectors on my wife's 2010 Mazda 3. But MINE are supposed to be changed out because of some stamped letters????

Example #2...I installed NA Montero headlights into my Pajero just to be "safe" (they were cheap), and notice no difference in light output. To be honest I couldn't find any physical difference either, neither could my inspection shop!

Retrofit as needed, then just change it back if you want. I have NO moral problem with this anymore due to my own findings, screw them and their corrupt garbage.
            '89 GTST - SOLD
            '92 GTR
            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

ya man I'm putting back in my old original seatbelts, I ended up throwing in belts from a 93 240sx and wow, let me tell you NOT SAFE AT ALL!!!! the rear seatbelts didn't even retract, luckily for me, all they did was look for the tag and that was that, they didn't even try to use the seatbelts to make sure they function properly, haha dumbasses...,oh well... but I'll be putting in my stock belts asap, and I may just sew a tag on there, like someone previously suggested, how would they know?

Comment

Well, I am a liitle late with a reply

I made all of the changes to my 95 GT-R33 so I could get the cops off of my back

Seatbelts - 94 240sx - worked fine
                headlight - dodge avenger - closest fit, need body work if not swaping back
                tail lights - custom made using another set of R33 tail lights
                exhaust - I actually had to put a muffler on, that came off the next day
                reflectors and all the other garbage they made me do as well

In the end I could switch it all back but is it really worth the head ache ? they will inspect you again, and again, and again........ don't think you will be in the clear after one run in with the cops.

Comment

just sew a tag on they wont know the difference and if you just dont go out sundays then you wont have a problem i daily my car and have never had a problem
                  Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

my car is my daily drive as well, but I like going out when I want to, not when the cops dictate it.

Comment

i go out when i want to aswell just not to sunday night cruise why go to all the cops its like fishing in a barrel for them

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        Well, I am a liitle late with a reply

I made all of the changes to my 95 GT-R33 so I could get the cops off of my back

Seatbelts - 94 240sx - worked fine
                        headlight - dodge avenger - closest fit, need body work if not swaping back
                        tail lights - custom made using another set of R33 tail lights
                        exhaust - I actually had to put a muffler on, that came off the next day
                        reflectors and all the other garbage they made me do as well

In the end I could switch it all back but is it really worth the head ache ? they will inspect you again, and again, and again........ don't think you will be in the clear after one run in with the cops.
                        I agree with Coaches last statement. I dont find a point in switching everything back anymore after getting a safety.. I'll just get pulled over again. Thats why on my other threads I'm looking for DOT headlight alternatives but everyone is just yapping and saying don't worry about DOT. Some people just dont get it.

Comment

your right rush,

It's not peoples fault though, they don't understand because they don't live here and haven't been subjected to the seriousness of our situation.

Thats something you can only understand when your subjected to the situation.

I'm just going to wait as long as i can, i'll use stock parts untill, i get caugh, and once im forced to switch them i'll prolly just leave them in.
                          Originally posted by Paradis
                          ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                            I agree with Coaches last statement. I dont find a point in switching everything back anymore after getting a safety.. I'll just get pulled over again. Thats why on my other threads I'm looking for DOT headlight alternatives but everyone is just yapping and saying don't worry about DOT. Some people just dont get it.
                            I think the thing we aren't getting the most is why you guys are laying down and taking this crap. Did you know that ANY vehicle produced in 1995 and earlier will automatically be writen off in MB if you try and make a claim?

Your government has been pulling some shady bu11shit in the last 3 years and you need to organize and fight back.

Your cars are not subject to ANY requirements that pertain to DOT, even the headlights (niether are we, but they look for that at inspection time because they are lazy and won't test individual lighting systems to see if they require changing or not).

I will bet there is NOTHING in your MVA that requires your belts and tail light lenses to be DOT, only that you require them.

Jon.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

^
                              Not 100% accurate. From what I have dug up, pre 95 vehicle that will cost more to repair than it's worth will be written off, same as usual. The thing they have changed is that all pre 95's that are written off, will be deemed irreparable and sold at auction as parts only.
                              Originally posted by Snow
                              Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

^^^ exactly if i put a claim on my car and if they decided its irreparable then i have the choice of buying it back or it can get sent off for auction then if someone buys if from the auction and its 95 or older then they cannot repair it and register it again its off the roads for good

Comment

Working...
                                X