Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Zulu sell his 580AWHP GTR and buy and STI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he want a 'normal person' car YES

Comment

new poll... should falcon sell his rx7 and buy an EVO?

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
        new poll... should falcon sell his rx7 and buy an EVO?
        Only for an EVO 9!

Comment

Evo 9, otherwise stay with the rx-7

At least Mitsubishi stuck with the sedan, evo sales must have sky rocketed when Subaru went with the hideous hatchback.
          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
          1969 Cooper S. Restored
          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

The 9's are significantly more expensive than the 8's, for a few cosmetic mods and MIVEC.

Get an 05 if you're going to get an evo. Quite a bit cheaper than an 06, still has the front LSD and ACD, just doesn't have mivec and the nicer IX body parts.
            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
            It'll run someday

Comment

I've been looking all over the states to gauge pricing. Ideally I will want a white 04 or 05...

First I got to sell the rex..

TROL

Comment

05 is worth it over the 04 for the front LSD and ACD, IMHO.
                It'll run someday

Comment

or blue....

if I find one for the right price I would go for an 05.. I've been doing a fair amount of reading on them on the evo forums. Dosen't the 04 have ACD?

TROL

Comment

if I find one for the right price I would go for an 05.. I've been doing a fair amount of reading on them on the evo forums. Dosen't the 04 have ACD?
                    Nope, the cars remained virtually unchanged from 03-04. ACD might have been an option but I'm not 100% on that. I know for sure they didn't come with the front LSD.

05's also had the larger 10.5 hotside turbo, but now HID's were no longer standard on the base model cars. No great loss.
                    It'll run someday

Comment

ahh, looks like I got some incorrect information about the acd...

HIDs aren't a big issue.. the turbo is though since if I get one I plan to keep it fairly OEM+ (exhaust, access port, suspension and thats pretty much it)... reliability is a big thing for me now after the whole RX7 ********.

TROL

Comment

ahh, looks like I got some incorrect information about the acd...

HIDs aren't a big issue.. the turbo is though since if I get one I plan to keep it fairly OEM+ (exhaust, access port, suspension and thats pretty much it)... reliability is a big thing for me now after the whole RX7 ********.
                        Things can go wrong even if it's stock Local guy on a stock turbo just blew up his transfer case, which is about a 2000 dollar repair bill.

The big plus about an EVO is you're getting a car that's a 2004-2006, instead of 1992. Less miles on every bit of the chassis means it's going to be much less problematic in every area. Stock turbo cars are routinely making 350-400 WHP, which is a helluva lot of fun in an AWD sedan to rip around in.

I entertained the idea of an EVO, but with how much snow we have in Alberta I've decided to keep my EF for a project car and get a newer truck for a DD. I know evo's have AWD and all this fancy jazz, but I have horrible images in my head of ripping off the front bumper on a big snow drift or getting stuck somewhere because there isn't enough ground clearance, and then there's the rust.

If I was in Vancouver and wanted to consolidate down to one car, it would be an evo in a heartbeat
                        It'll run someday

Comment

Ya, after reading on the evo forums... there are tons of guys making big power on stock turbos/blocks with just cams and a tune (25+PSI on a STOCK block). Apparently those blocks are really strong and can handle a lot.

I would just do that... full exhaust, cams and a tune. I wouldn't even touch the HG and studs unless I needed to.

And you're also right aobu the year. The RX7 is a nice car, but a newer car would be so nice... having that tight sound when you close the door etc. Not rattling/clunking.

TROL

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Evos share the same transmission etc frailty problems as Talons/Eclipses?
                            The motor seems awesome, but the transmission seems undersized for the potential?
                            I recently passed on an awesome 11 second Eclipse for only 5Gs because of this weakness.

Comment

OK, no time to read the entire thread...so whats going on?

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Hmm i want an Evo from the States. 05 would be nice..

Yumm.
                                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X