Whats with Skyline Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
    Its a car. Cars have never been and will never be investments. If your in it to make money your in the wrong business.
    unless its and NSX lol. That s**t doesn't depreciate

Comment

I figure if you are buying cars to flip for cash, you got the wrong hobby.

Comment

you just gotta buy the right cars, skylines not being them.
        Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

well, i bought my skyline for 3600. Im pretty sure I could make some money if i sold it but with the 3000$ i've already put into it.. what would be the point? lol
          White 1990 Nissan Skyline HCR32.
          "Skyline" Is a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
            I disagree a lot.

Ive made A LOT of money selling cars.

You just have to be patient and find the right deals
            This guy ain't joking. He's bought and flipped countless cars for profit. And some cars can be an investment. Muscle cars and some older European cars are worth tons. These cars only appreciate in value.
            03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by Brody_Howell View Post
              well, i bought my skyline for 3600. Im pretty sure I could make some money if i sold it but with the 3000$ i've already put into it.. what would be the point? lol
              same here

Comment

Wait 20-25 years... there wont be much GTRs left... They will either be scrap or hi-end machines. My prediction! It's the same phenomenon(ouch) as muscle cars.
                03 lancer dead
                68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                05 chevy silverado L33
                2010 crv Wife's ride
                1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
                  same here
                  If I was going to sell mine, I'd rip off all the fancy parts I've put on it and return it to the way it was when I bought it. You can make a lot more money doing it like that. Then I'd buy one that wasn't haggard and worn out and put all my fancy parts on that one

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                    If I was going to sell mine, I'd rip off all the fancy parts I've put on it and return it to the way it was when I bought it. You can make a lot more money doing it like that. Then I'd buy one that wasn't haggard and worn out and put all my fancy parts on that one
                    +1... you'll never get ur money's worth selling it with all the goodies... i have a running tally of every $ i spend on my car.

theres more value in my aftermarket parts than my entire car is worth!
                    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                      +1... you'll never get ur money's worth selling it with all the goodies... i have a running tally of every $ i spend on my car.

theres more value in my aftermarket parts than my entire car is worth!
                      My car is heading that way too.
                      Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

While skyline prices are going down, I hope that accord prices are going up!

Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Hey, with the dropping prices, maybe Oaks can finally get a freaking Skyline.
                          03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Its like you read my mind! I have a deep and elaborate plan...I will put it into effect soon, and that very well could land me in a Skyline soon
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                              in the end after all was said and done I paid 7700 for mine 2.5 years ago.

I've probably got about $15,000 into it now and the way it sits I'd be lucky to get 3-4 grand.

Once it runs again I'll probably have about $25,000 into it and it'll hopefully be worth at least mid teens if I ever went to sell it.
                              lol...

That's exactly like my FD.

Bought it for 12k, into it for close to 25k. Yet if I sold it right now I could MAYBE get 5k as a roller. Once it's done it will be worth around 15-18k. lol FML cars.

TROL

Comment

This thread is depressing. Who cares about prices? I love my gtr's and if they haull ass now, they'll haul ass in ten years, regardless of what they cost. So what if they're great on the track, daily driving and everything in between? I don't know when I'm going to sell mine, but I am infatuated with them right now, and even after 20 years, they still get looks, and people don't know what they are. I am not done with skylines yet
                                GTRC-OG

Comment

Working...
                                X