Whats with Skyline Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bugsly17 View Post
    This thread is depressing. Who cares about prices? I love my gtr's and if they haull ass now, they'll haul ass in ten years, regardless of what they cost. So what if they're great on the track, daily driving and everything in between? I don't know when I'm going to sell mine, but I am infatuated with them right now, and even after 20 years, they still get looks, and people don't know what they are. I am not done with skylines yet
    haha, sorry for depressing you! but your totaly right! and anyone who buys one of these cars and is upset for it value depriciating so quickly should never had gotten one!
    and like someone else said, a GOOD skyline is still worth a lot. ive seen a lot of
    cheap ones but you look underneath and nothing but rust, or the motor is dead or something.
    haha, maybe ill just put mine in a barn for 40 years and then see whats its worth!

Comment

I'd take a R32 over an R33. R33 is more for luxory as for the R32 is more of a race car. well thast my opinion anyway. my friend has a R33 gtr and it feels a lil boaty around corners. but i dunno, if you sink enough money into something, u can get what ever you want out of it.

Comment

I prefer the interior of the 32, honestly. The r33 has this huge bland dash. It needs more angles in it or something. although that wouldn't really suit the shape of the car.

I bet i could get $7,000 for my car. And that's with all my aftermarket stuff. :\

Comment

personally i like my r33 dash over an r32.
          i find the r32 too cramped with too many thing right in font of you but some people prefer that.
          one thing i cant stand is r32 gauge cluster... much prefer the r33, but to each there own.
          im not really sure what i could get for mine now.. it's almost hitting 100k
          I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
          (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
          ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Originally posted by cozmosland View Post
            personally i like my r33 dash over an r32.
            i find the r32 too cramped with too many thing right in font of you but some people prefer that.
            one thing i cant stand is r32 gauge cluster... much prefer the r33, but to each there own.
            im not really sure what i could get for mine now.. it's almost hitting 100k
            I have to agree about the 32 feeling cramped. I'm used to it, though :X At first, it definitely felt a bit claustaphobic.

Comment

haha, r33 gtrs are pretty awesome, i was not a fan at first, but i have been sold, looks good, handles well with my ohlins, and it goes. i could never go back to a r32 again. i have never heard an argument that the r32 interior is better then the r33 either

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
              R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

never driven a 33 or seen the interior so i have no idea....

Comment

A member here and a friend of mine just sold his R32 Gts-t for 9k. I was shocked when he told me that.

I sold mine for 8K 2 years ago and it was nicer than his.

Just shows you there is a buyer for every car.

TROL

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I paid more than 12k for my GTS-t the way it was imported and the GTR I was going to buy instead was 26k in 2004. I can't believe people are complaining. Selling Skylines in Canada hasn't been profitable since 2004.
                    Even though I could prolly only sell the car for 8k now after already dumping in well over 10k over the purchase price I still wouldn't sell the car no matter what.
                    I bought the car 'cause I love R32s not because I wanted to be super cool driving on the right hand side then sell it when it got boring
                    -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
                    1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

poor godzilla
                      1992 R32 Skyline GTR (aka..MISTY).. Sold
                      1995 Golf VR swap (my HOOPTY).. Sold

Comment

Hey Dom, why are you selling yours now??
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

one thing to remember is that the prices of GOOD R32s in Japan do not change much. You can still drop $15K or more on a nicely modded R32 in good condition.
                          I wouldn't sell my GTR for a penny less than $12K because that is what it is worth here.
                          Nearly every imported R32 comes from USS Auctions, and their prices can be cheaper, however there is a lot of junk as well.
                          It all depends on the perspective. Yes, bad to medium condition R32s might be dropping in price, but the good condition ones are not.
                          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
                            one thing to remember is that the prices of GOOD R32s in Japan do not change much. You can still drop $15K or more on a nicely modded R32 in good condition.
                            I wouldn't sell my GTR for a penny less than $12K because that is what it is worth here.
                            Nearly every imported R32 comes from USS Auctions, and their prices can be cheaper, however there is a lot of junk as well.
                            It all depends on the perspective. Yes, bad to medium condition R32s might be dropping in price, but the good condition ones are not.
                            Amen to that!

My cars:
                            1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                            1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Working...
                            X