• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shiit son, i'm going to need to dig up some dough
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Check GTRPWR. They had a discussion about these. I can't really relay too much information as I was banned.

I was wondering in you could use the G35/G37 kit as they seemed less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by tazsgtr View Post
        Check GTRPWR. They had a discussion about these. I can't really relay too much information as I was banned.

I was wondering in you could use the G35/G37 kit as they seemed less expensive.
        Sorry if I'm sidetracking the subject, but how why did get banned?
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Link ? Is someone over there running these ?

I would just like to get my car in shape for Solo Sprint/Solo 1 or whatever it is for next year and these should definately work with good pads and fluid.
          Last edited by RBdreamer; 07-29-2010, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Forget it. Just googled gtrpwr and checked out that forum. It's lame. Total ghost town over there so I doubt it will be much help.

I read info on the US Z forums and there was also something on the UK GTR forum about it. I will check back there.

Comment

we (autodream) did the 370z brembo brakes on Carters car (hozer) hes running the 6pot front and 4pot rear, and i dont think anything less then 18's would fit.

its not a direct fitment, you would need to modify the brakes a bit just to have them fit, but it works and looks good. look at his pictures on his build http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...deavour-5.html

Comment

how is that the AKEBONO 370z brakes?
                i don't see ANY relevance
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

370z brakes? and anything under 18s wont fit? and you work at a shop!? LOL
                  Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Aren't those Brembos from a Porsche ? a C-Unit kit ?

Comment

autodream fail.

so any one find someone running these on a 32?
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                        I would be running them already if someone buys my 6pistons or LMGT4.. LOL
                        nnoooooo!!! dont sell the rims! the nicest in the GTA by far!!!!
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                          nnoooooo!!! dont sell the rims! the nicest in the GTA by far!!!!
                          LOL... I didnt mean the set on my R32.. I mean the set that was on the 240sx (bronze staggered)... So Dont you worry man.....LOL
                          10 Infiniti FX35
                          09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                          02 Subaru WRX....sold
                          01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                          90-00-08 BNR32
                          92 NX2000...sold
                          95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

370z Sport Brake Upgrade.

**IMPORTANT NOTE: This reviewer is using smaller (330mm?) 350z Rotors, NOt the 355mm 370z Rotors that are included in the Concept-Z Kit.
                            (long story short: even BETTER news for the bigger rotor guys. This is a MUST READ!)

Some history...
                            I track my car on a pretty regular basis and the stock 07 brakes just never left me very satisfied. I was always having to back off under braking to keep the pads from fading (ran motul rbf600 so I never had an issue with fade there). Even with higher performance pads, I was still having fading problems after just a lap or two, depending on the track. Without a good race pad option for the later model calipers, I decided a while back to build a caliper bracket to allow the G37/370Z upgrade.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago...

I finally got the bracket configuration finalized and got a prototype set in from the machine shop. Bolted everything up to the car and swapped the oem rotors for a set of cross drilled rotors and oem pads for project mu B-force pads.

I was worried the larger calipers would cause a softer pedal, due to the increase in fluid capacity, but was pleasantly surprised to find a very firm, solid pedal. Even with brand new rotors and pads, I immediately noticed a difference in the pedal feel and bite. Just driving to my pad bedding area a few miles away, I already noticed a MASSIVE difference and while bedding, it just kept getting better and better.

After bedding everything in, the initial bite is great and the overall stopping power is even better. I'm running 275 wide toyos up front and if I don't modulate the brakes carefully they'll lock up and the abs will have to intervene. With the firm pedal, modulation is very easy and predictable, so they're not difficult to get used to at all, but there is a HUGE difference in stopping power and that does take a little getting used to, under heavy braking situations mostly.

Now to the track stuff...

I wanted to track test the new brackets before releasing the production sets so I signed up for the local nasa track day. These brakes are very impressive... I wasn't expecting this at all. With the pmu pads I was constantly able to brake later and later, until the tires just didn't want to take it anymore and started to get greasy from the heat. Driving the car as hard as I could, the tires started to grease up well before the pads started to fade heavily. I was consistently out braking street cars with great factory brakes (there were a few higher end porsches in my run group), street, track and race cars with race pads (i know as least one guy was running hawk blues, there were a few spec 944's, etc...)

I believe my much wider tires than most of the other cars had a lot to do with the extra braking grip, more so than just the brakes themselves, but I'm still impressed the pads were able to handle that much "abuse" and barely even flinch. I was not expecting that at all. Fade was minimal and never an issue and the pads would return quickly even if I just backed off to 9/10ths. I literally had to drive the tires off the car to start to get any noticeable fade.

I'm guessing when I move up to slicks on this car, I'll have to look at other pad options up front, but for now, and for anyone on street tires, this setup should be more than enough for pretty much any track.
                            Taken from here.....
                            370Z Brake Upgrade - track tested and very surprised - MY350Z.COM Forums
                            Last edited by RBdreamer; 08-05-2010, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
                              370z brakes? and anything under 18s wont fit? and you work at a shop!? LOL
                              i meant the 6pot and 4 pot brembo brake kit for the 370z wont fit a 17" wheel

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
                                For sure I know 17" TE37 and CE28N will clear this brakes.
                                I hate to bring up a dead thread, but....
                                I have decided that I will only get the Akebono brake setup if it fits under any decent 17 inch wheel. I believe I have searched the whole internet and C-unit is the only one to say the they will fit under 17's. Is there any body esle that can back this up. I'm not going to buy anything before I have some concrete evedence. Plus width and offset of wheels would be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X