No announcement yet.

Using a harness with GTR Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not too sure where your located in canada, but in Ontario harness are illegal for the street.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
      a harness isn't only for protection,
      i use mine mostly for its restraining capability

you haven't done track yet, but believe me, when you go really fast around a corner and have to always hold the steering wheel super hard to keep yourself from flying out of the seat, it gets irritating after a while

ad to that my heavy weight, i get tired arms quickly enough

now with my harness on, super tight, i can't move an inch in my seat, and can concentrate 100% on just driving

just to make things clear, i don't use my harness on the streets, only on the track
      I Only ever wear the harness, but I don't have stock seatbelts... You get used to it and now i don't like normal seatbelts, they just don't feel as safe lol
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
        I Only ever wear the harness, but I don't have stock seatbelts... You get used to it and now i don't like normal seatbelts, they just don't feel as safe lol
        your car is actually illegal without the stock seat belts,

in quebec you can drive with a harness, as long as you also use the stock unmodified seat belt
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
          your car is actually illegal without the stock seat belts,

in quebec you can drive with a harness, as long as you also use the stock unmodified seat belt
          According to the Motor safety act as long as your installation and restraints meets the standards you can put whatever seat belt you want in (In Alberta anyways)

83(1) A person must install seat belt assemblies or other components of an occupant restraint system in a motor vehicle in such a way that they and their installation comply with the requirements under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada) and the regulations under that Act.

(2) A person shall not drive or operate a motor vehicle in which a seat belt assembly or other component of an occupant restraint system that was installed at the time of the manufacture of the motor vehicle has been replaced unless the replacement meets the standards required under section 81.

Under the act, harnesses are considered Type 2 seat belts with detachable upper torso restraints.
          Last edited by hozer; 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM.
          hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

OT but interesting none the less.

You don't have to wear a seatbelt in "Motor vehicles that are rented or leased for periods of not more than 14 consecutive days at a time"

Comment

Try telling that to a cop haha^^
              GTRC-OG

Comment

Working...
              X